Author Topic: Marvel Cave Dangerous?  (Read 2092 times)

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Marvel Cave Dangerous?
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:09:35 PM »
I had a chance to talk for several minutes with a SDC employee (I won't reveal who or where) about Marvel Cave.  In the course of discussion I mentioned how I always wondered how they build these big coasters with footers that go deep into the ground near caves.  He said told me "they are very careful not to dig into caverns" or something to that effect.  Then the employee next to him said under his breath "well they use to be careful", in which the first employee said "well I was trying to be politically correct".  Don't know what they meant exactly by that but, YIKES!   

MoOzark

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I raised the Dizzy Dogs from little pups.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Cave Dangerous?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 05:46:41 PM »
Talk like that is what, we in the Ozarks, refer to as "pullin' yer leg." I really don't think they revealed any hidden secrets. (It wasn't the notorious dippin-dots guy was it?) Engineers who design major major amusement park rides know what they are doing. In fact, they can be sued for large amounts of money if they mess up. I'm sure they have drilled core samples all over that hillside to be sure of the geology beneath their feet. No known passages of the cave are beneath that area. If there were EVER any passages there, they have collapsed and eroded away millions of years ago, leaving a steep hillside. I don't believe there is any chance of a cave tour being interrupted by a roller coaster train crashing down on them.

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Cave Dangerous?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 05:59:05 PM »
I have full trust that SDC and Hershend Family Entertainment knows what they are doing, but that conversation just confused me.  It wasn't a pullin my leg kinda thing.  In fact, they way they talked to each other was in a way that I wasn't supposed to hear.  I actually barely heard what the 2nd employee said.  I had kind of left the conversation when I heard them say this. No biggie, just wanted to pass along the interesting comment.  Oh and it wasn't the dip n dots guy.