Author Topic: Week of car show weekend  (Read 2846 times)

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Week of car show weekend
« on: April 13, 2017, 01:58:05 PM »
Ive never been down around the time of the car show in august. Is everything super busy the whole week? Id imagine sdc and branson are busy during the actual weekend, but im wonderin more about the week days leading up to it and after. Thanks for replies  :D
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Week of car show weekend
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 02:08:31 PM »
Branson for sure busier..  with est 18-20,000 more people in town for the event..  more traffic, shows are busier, eating place are busy and so on...

However most of these people stay in town and dont flow to SDC, so traffic there is normal for the season..  almost the last week off from school.  last minute trips, so there is stuff going on there too.

Main thing is the additional traffic in Branson, starts about noon,, and stay bad until late evening..

good luck, enjoy..

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 02:49:55 PM »
We took our vacation during that car show week about 10 years ago. It was not intentional. I got caught in traffic and it took 2 1/2 hours to go 1/2 mile. I had a 4 year old in the car. At one point it looked like they were going to shut down 76 before we were even able to get to our hotel. I swore I would never go down that weekend ever again...

Perhaps it has gotten better. But back then, it was awful. SDC was fine, but trying to get back to hotel on the strip was a nightmare

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 03:03:05 PM »
We took our vacation during that car show week about 10 years ago. It was not intentional. I got caught in traffic and it took 2 1/2 hours to go 1/2 mile. I had a 4 year old in the car. At one point it looked like they were going to shut down 76 before we were even able to get to our hotel. I swore I would never go down that weekend ever again...

Perhaps it has gotten better. But back then, it was awful. SDC was fine, but trying to get back to hotel on the strip was a nightmare

No doubt, if you go to SDC on friday and sat, then head back to town later afternoon..... then you are in the car show traffic as well,.  the show is at SOTH, and late afternoon, everybody is trying to get to town..

bwm8184

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 07:41:16 AM »
We've been down for the car show the past 2 years in a row and while traffic is heavier it is nothing like it was 10 years ago. I agree with everyone else that the majority of the car show people do not bother with SDC. To me it seems like the number of people in town for the car show decreases every year.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 10:31:05 AM »
Thanks for the responses, about what i expected for the weekend. What about the m-th befre the weekend or the m-th after the weekend? Thats really my curiosity...as in, do more people come to sdc/branson the week of or after the show, too?
Seems all responses were about the weekend, if someone meant week of and i misread it my apologies.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 02:29:17 PM »
Thanks for the responses, about what i expected for the weekend. What about the m-th befre the weekend or the m-th after the weekend? Thats really my curiosity...as in, do more people come to sdc/branson the week of or after the show, too?
Seems all responses were about the weekend, if someone meant week of and i misread it my apologies.

I think you will find m-th doable either week.. 
week after would be much better, except SDC is closed on tues and thurs..   BUT would NO extra traffic, 
the week before bulk of people roll in late wed/ thursday.,  but hang around town.