Author Topic: Snow Slopes Coming to Branson Area..  (Read 7894 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Snow Slopes Coming to Branson Area..
« on: April 12, 2017, 12:16:46 PM »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Snow Slopes Coming to Branson Area..
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 01:10:00 PM »
Does that place even see much traffic?  It is a long way from town and the prices are crazy expensive
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 01:33:49 PM »
I have long advocated for a full fledged Snowflex facility in the Ozarks and posted and shared photos many times about them. I have always envisioned Snowflex as part of a greater project that also included a recirculating manmade white water course and would be the backbone of an outdoor activity geared resort.

There are some darn fine hills along US 67 on the Arkansas side that would make ideal spots for that.

Quite Frankly, I'm shocked that Mr. Bass Pro has failed to to incorporate these into his empire on Table Rock.

By all accounts, the facility at Lynchburg VA owned by Liberty University is very successful and I have wondered why it's taken so long for another major development to incorporate this technology.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 01:50:40 PM by chittlins »

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 07:15:27 PM »
Bye bye, acres of beautiful trees and fall colors along 65...
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 09:56:59 PM »
Bye bye, acres of beautiful trees and fall colors along 65...

Exactly what I was thinking. All for a fake experience. Really sad

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 08:19:02 AM »
That's why I said what I said about it being along 65 in Arkansas plenty of open hillsides but that fake experience is nearly the same as the real and Liberty hosts competitions featuring all the top names like Shawn White.

This exactly the type of diversification needed in the Branson area to grow the tourism base, just wish it was part of a grander vision.

I applaud them for putting their tails on the line financially

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 01:40:56 PM »
Reminds me of the demise of DogPatch... The concept art doesn't look that appealing... sounds like a glorified super slide like you see at carnivals. Doesn't really seem like something that will be a huge draw long term... but I usually don't understand these things well enough. I do wish it was closer to Branson though, this is like 20-30 mins away at least.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 02:13:16 PM »
Reminds me of the demise of DogPatch... The concept art doesn't look that appealing... sounds like a glorified super slide like you see at carnivals. Doesn't really seem like something that will be a huge draw long term... but I usually don't understand these things well enough. I do wish it was closer to Branson though, this is like 20-30 mins away at least.

Dogpatch was too far south to make snow. This would have been perfect. Back then though it was just old school sking. This is that and all the X Game stuff. The tubing run  is hokey but a beginning, if they really do phase 2 comet with half pipes and rails and jumps you have a potential winner.

Liberty has done nothing but expand their's. I'm finally going to see it in person this June as we are staying in Lynchburg after a half day at Appomattox.
https://youtu.be/ixYAR-X1bJ4

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 02:28:28 PM »

Dogpatch was too far south to make snow. This would have been perfect. Back then though it was just old school sking. This is that and all the X Game stuff. The tubing run  is hokey but a beginning, if they really do phase 2 comet with half pipes and rails and jumps you have a potential winner.

Liberty has done nothing but expand their's. I'm finally going to see it in person this June as we are staying in Lynchburg after a half day at Appomattox.
https://youtu.be/ixYAR-X1bJ4

Interesting video..  LOL.  had to turn down speakers! that music!!  WOW!!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 03:04:21 PM »
That's why I said what I said about it being along 65 in Arkansas plenty of open hillsides but that fake experience is nearly the same as the real and Liberty hosts competitions featuring all the top names like Shawn White.

This exactly the type of diversification needed in the Branson area to grow the tourism base, just wish it was part of a grander vision.

Its still ugly as hell. Spin it whichever way you want but not every place in the world needs a roller coaster or attraction plopped down on it. Plenty of places that are already ugly for this kind of albatross. Reminds me of when Branson started blowing off the tops of mountains for shopping malls.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 10:14:33 AM »

Its still ugly as hell. Spin it whichever way you want but not every place in the world needs a roller coaster or attraction plopped down on it. Plenty of places that are already ugly for this kind of albatross. Reminds me of when Branson started blowing off the tops of mountains for shopping malls.

Post of the year.
Obsession with shiny new things blinds us from what we already have.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 01:51:57 PM »
Absolutely agree, you don't have to knock down all the trees and remove the natural beauty to get someones attention. 

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 07:01:40 PM »
Maybe that ugly, abandoned place, Indian Ridge, on the way to Branson West would be a good place for it.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 07:17:53 PM »
Maybe that ugly, abandoned place, Indian Ridge, on the way to Branson West would be a good place for it.

Perfect, maybe they could salvage and revamp couple of the condos and use them as the ski lodges..