Author Topic: Snow Slopes Coming to Branson Area..  (Read 7884 times)

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Snow Slopes Coming to Branson Area..
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 08:49:54 AM »
Fyi, they started bulldozing Indian Ridge, last week, large signs by the road, and started with the first "castle", down to base. I was thinking it'd be the perfect treeless place for this snow thing, as well.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2017, 01:26:47 PM »
well that is a naked ugly hillside..  almost anything would help that area for sure :-\

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 01:58:55 PM »
So we actually went and did the snowflex thing on Sunday morning. It was a lot of fun as a group activity. I thought it was decently fun, but it definitely felt like a glorified giant slide vs. a sledding experience. For the price, even with our discount, it's a bit steep, but it's a big professional setup at least. It's great with a big group or family because you can either race or hold on to each other. The group as a whole really enjoyed it and plan to do it again next year.

The first slides were a little slow, but it turns out they have a misting system built in that wets the slide down, so once it was wet we had some nice speed over the humps. It was a bit odd getting misted on a "sledding" hill though. I'll bet it's nicer in the summer though.

It's not nearly as big a slide as the one pictured on the first page of this thread, but it's a decent hill and it has some nice humps built in. There is a conveyor belt that you stand on to go up the hill instead of walking. Unfortunately is strains under the weight of more than a few people and doesn't go very fast. In ~1 hour we got something like 8-10 rides in I think. Everyone seemed to be satisfied with the amount of slides we got in.

The rest of the Wolf Mountain complex looks awesome. The ziplines are where they really shine, and I would believe it if someone told me they were the best in Branson. They've got some good topography to work with there and it's nice and wooded.

Getting to Wolf Mountain is the worst part. They are literally right off of 65 a ways North of Branson, but you can only get there going North. It's a quick little turn-off, and if you miss it you have to loop around back to it.

They have my seal of approval if you want to do something a bit different and adventurous with your family or group. It's not a mind-blowing experience or anything, but the whole place is really well-done as a whole.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2018, 10:03:43 AM »
So we actually went and did the snowflex thing on Sunday morning. It was a lot of fun as a group activity. I thought it was decently fun, but it definitely felt like a glorified giant slide vs. a sledding experience. For the price, even with our discount, it's a bit steep, but it's a big professional setup at least. It's great with a big group or family because you can either race or hold on to each other. The group as a whole really enjoyed it and plan to do it again next year.

The first slides were a little slow, but it turns out they have a misting system built in that wets the slide down, so once it was wet we had some nice speed over the humps. It was a bit odd getting misted on a "sledding" hill though. I'll bet it's nicer in the summer though.

It's not nearly as big a slide as the one pictured on the first page of this thread, but it's a decent hill and it has some nice humps built in. There is a conveyor belt that you stand on to go up the hill instead of walking. Unfortunately is strains under the weight of more than a few people and doesn't go very fast. In ~1 hour we got something like 8-10 rides in I think. Everyone seemed to be satisfied with the amount of slides we got in.

The rest of the Wolf Mountain complex looks awesome. The ziplines are where they really shine, and I would believe it if someone told me they were the best in Branson. They've got some good topography to work with there and it's nice and wooded.

Getting to Wolf Mountain is the worst part. They are literally right off of 65 a ways North of Branson, but you can only get there going North. It's a quick little turn-off, and if you miss it you have to loop around back to it.

They have my seal of approval if you want to do something a bit different and adventurous with your family or group. It's not a mind-blowing experience or anything, but the whole place is really well-done as a whole.

I believe they intend to go for the a legit snowboard course in due time like the Liberty University facility in VA.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2018, 08:12:08 PM »
Its too bad the CC lot couldn't be redeveloped for that. That or use the land next to the dug out cliffs on 376.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2018, 12:37:49 PM »
Its too bad the CC lot couldn't be redeveloped for that. That or use the land next to the dug out cliffs on 376.

Oh!  it could be done,, 
just have to find a developer to design it,
Get some intitial investors,
then contact branson for TIF's, and other financial goodies....  LOL. 

then they could build it.!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2018, 01:22:45 PM »

Oh!  it could be done,, 
just have to find a developer to design it,
Get some intitial investors,
then contact branson for TIF's, and other financial goodies....  LOL. 

then they could build it.!

I have proposed a development numerous times over the years that had this and a whitewater  course as two main fixtures.

The indoor waterpark with the outdoor manmade whitewater course didn't get the TIFs and was killed.

I still think a combination of those two along with other things like mountain bike courses, rock climbing and other activities would be a hit.