Author Topic: Your Travels outside of Branson for 2018 and beeeeeeyonddddd......  (Read 30219 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Your Travels outside of Branson for 2017
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 10:27:23 AM »
Our 2017 Travels:

01.01 - Legoland Florida
01.01 - Boggy Creek Airboat Ride
01.01 - Coca Cola Orlando Eye
01.01 - Ripley's Odditorium Orlando
01.02 - Kennedy Space Center
01.02 - Fun Spot America - Orlando
02.11 - St. Louis Zoo
03.19 - Silver Dollar City's Spring Ride Days
03.26 - Six Flags St. Louis
03.29 - Space Center Houston
03.30 - Sea World San Antonio
03.31 - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
04.01 - Six Flags over Texas
04.09 - Silver Dollar City's Festival of Wonder
04.13 - Worlds of Fun's Media Preview Event
04.14 - Worlds of Fun Opening Day
04.22 - Six Flags St. Louis
05.13 - Worlds of Fun's Festival of Music

Update us on Adventure Pointe's progress will ya.

No Seguin?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 08:25:38 PM »

Update us on Adventure Pointe's progress will ya.

No Seguin?

ZDT thinks it needs to be closed except on the weekends and I'll be back up in DFW before it even thinks about opening on my Birthday.  I was just a little annoyed by that but whatever - one missed credit won't kill me.

Adventure Pointe seems like another Land of Oz or Xandu project to me.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:54:39 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 08:56:30 PM »
Our 2017 Travels:

01.01 - Legoland Florida
02.11 - St. Louis Zoo
03.26 - Six Flags St. Louis
03.28 - Kemah Boardwalk
03.28 - Galveston Island Pleasure Pier
04.13 - Worlds of Fun's Media Preview Event
04.14 - Worlds of Fun Opening Day
04.22 - Six Flags St. Louis
05.13 - Worlds of Fun's Festival of Music

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 11:47:00 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 02:01:51 PM »
Was wondering about those two.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 03:50:57 PM »
Hmm?  Does going to Colorado to ride my Harley in the foothills and mountains count?

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017, 08:24:05 PM »
Hmm?  Does going to Colorado to ride my Harley in the foothills and mountains count?

Why not, go by Glenwood and ride the old Celebration City coaster.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 10:02:10 PM »
This will be a off year for SDC for our family.  Saving up our vacation dollars for a different trip.  We talked about doing the Disney thing (again) but they kids wanted a different adventure (as did I).

I just booked a cruise for the family for October.  Got a great deal on a family suite.  Sailing out of Galveston and touring the western Caribbean for 7 days.  Wife and I took non-kids getaway cruise last year and thought they would love it.  Thinking about taking a day for Six Flags Dallas on the drive down and/or the Galveston pier.

Also planning a get away with the wife this summer.  Probably NYC to catch a broadway show she wants to see.  I've go a airline voucher and miles that will probably make that trip pretty affordable.

Plus I still have some work trips in pending for this year.  I'll probably be going to FL (just north of Tampa/Busch Gardens), Allentown (dorney and maybe SFGA), South Carolina (Carawinds) this year.  Hoping and praying I can carve out a 1/2 day during one of these visit to get some coasters in.  I literally drive by Dorney and Busch Gardens multiple times last year without having any time to go.

We are cruising in Oct as well.  Carnival Breeze 15-22nd.  We try to cruise every other year. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2017, 09:37:05 AM »
so our plans have changed quite a bit due to schedules, expenses and other things.  No west coast swing or Disneyland.  :-(

However, it does mean we're adding on a couple of other trips instead to make up for it.  So now we're looking at:

End of May- Dallas area, including Six Flags over Texas, Medieval Times, and the Dallas Zoo.  We haven't been to the area in over 20 years.  It's actually where my daughter was born, so it'll be fun to finally let her see her birthplace.

Mid-July- Kansas City and Worlds of Fun/ Oceans of Fun for 2 days staying in the village.  That part hasn't changed, with my neice visiting.  It's all paid for already.

End of July/ first part of August?- dates still have to be determined and final locations, but looks right now like we may be going to Holiday World for a couple of days, the stopping in St. Louis for 3 to possibly visit the zoo, science museum, and Six Flags.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2017, 10:17:39 PM »
Got a promotional email from Hershey Park today, all summer one day tickets are the price of a child's ticket, basically 50 bucks per person and they still get the 21/2 hr sneak preview if you buy online by 5-31. Since that'll be a Wed hope to get some serious coaster time in.

A trip that just popped up is a quick trip to the Metroplex last weekend of May. That'll be U2 at ATT on Friday, Six Flags on Sat and the whole reason for the trip, picking up a  a piece of furnitureon Sun the wife has been wanting. She searches Craigslist from coast to coast looking for it popped up in the metroplex. The boy wants to hit up the Lego Discovery Center, too.

Tryin to zero in a three or four day weekend in the fall, thinking a hop over to Tulsa and flying to Minny and just spend a weekend at the MOA. Not even rent a car.

Put a deposit on a Disney Cruise for Spring Break 2018. 3 day out of Orlando for a Fri thru Mon float. Since that is actually going to run two days in to the following week.  We'll fly into Tampa on Sat from Memphis,, hit Busch Gardens, drive on to Orlando for two days at Universal and Cabana Bay and take in Volcano Bay. After that, Discovery Cove day and a Sea World day with Fun Spots one night and  Avatar at night at Animal Kingdom on the other. (I just want to ride Everest at night), drive to Canaveral and catch the boat. When we get back a day at Nasa on Monday and an early flight back Tuesday morning to Memphis and a drive back to Fayetteville.

Looking 99% a Rockies trip for late summer 2018.

Fly to Denver via Tulsa, Badlands, Rushmore, Devil's Tower,Little Big Horn, Pompey's Pillar, Cody Wyoming, Yellowstone, Tetons/Jackson Hole, Snake River float, Dinosaur National Monument, Glenwood Springs/Canyon Adventure Park, Moab/Arches, Silverton/Durango, Great Sand Dunes, Colorado Springs/Pikes Peak/Garden of the Gods/Great Wolf Lodge, Denver/Elitch/Lake Side, fly back to Tulsa.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:47:15 PM by chittlins »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2017, 02:32:36 PM »
Final plans now in place for the DC trip as we got our approved White House Tour request back yesterday.

Day 1-flight to Baltimore, Ft. McHenry and Geppi's Entertainment Museum,  possibly the Flag House  and An Edgar Allen Poe site. Drive to Dulles the visit Steven Udar Hazy Smithsonian Air and Space, early evening auto tour of Manassas Battlefield. Dinner in Tyson's or Arlington and across the Potomac to our hotel.

Day 2- White House tour, Docent lead National Archives tour, Lunch at nearby Shake Shack, Metro to Library of Congress for docent led tour of the Jefferson Building and then Capitol tour. Dinner at We the Pizza.  Possible Nats game or Tidal Basin Monuments at night for those with some perk left.

Major props to Sen Boozman's office as they handled booking all of that!

Day 3- Bureau of Printing and Engraving tour, Holocaust Museum, Arlington National Cemetery early afternoon, Air and Space on the Mall late afternoon. Again,  Possible Nats game or Tidal Basin Monuments.

Day 4- Natural History and American History AM, lunch, Ford Theater Tour early afternoon, Newseum in afternoon. Madame Toussards early evening.

Day 5- Cruise to Mt. Vernon from DC wharf. 8 to 3. Six Flags America for the late afternoon and evening.

Day 6- Smithsonian Art Museums, Dupont Circle area, tour of Georgetown area

Day 7- Bid farewell to my Brother and his crew along with their rental mininvan and we are on our own. Rented a full sized Sequoia for this part 8)
Naval Yard Museum at opening, drive up the Chesapeake shore with a stop at Harve De Grace Decoy museum and then on the Wildwood NJ.

Day 8- Wildwood Beach/ Morey's Pier.

Day 9- Ferry Across Delaware Bay, drive to Salesbury MD and visit Ward Museum of Wildfowl Art, back o er to Ocean City for Lunch and an hour or so on the Boardwalk there. Drive to Assateague National Seashore and stop for 2 to 3 hours, drive to Virginia Beach for a night at the Beachfront Hilton with roof top infinity pool.

Day 10-  Quick stop at the small Atlantic Waterfowl Museum on Virginia Beach and off to Norfolk to hit up McArthur Museum, boat tour of Naval Base, USS Wisconsin and on to Newport News to the Mariner's Museum to view to remains of the USS Monitor. Go to vacation rental in Williamsburg.

Days 11, 12, 13 consists of Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Yorktown Battlefield and Museum , Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown. (Nice little combo ticket for all of those availible)

Day 14- Richmond Civil War sites and drive to Appomattox Courthouse and Museum, stay night in Lynchburg.

Day 15- Monticello in AM, lunch in Charlottesville, Drive to Antietam- Harper's Ferry-Gettysburg. Figure it'll be after the Gettysburg Visitors center is closed but we'll do the auto tour of Battlefield and on the Hershey. Try to use out Hershey Park sneak peak in late PM.

Day 16-Am drive thru Amish Country, afternoon at Valley Forge, Philly in PM , Cbeese Steaks , staying at Best Western Independence Square

Day 17- Independent Hall, Liberty Bell, Constitution Center and New American Revolution Museum.

Day 18- Eastern State Pen drive to Six Flags Great Adventure for El Toro and Kingda Ka time.

Day 19- Mutter Museum, other  drive back to Baltimore for early evening flight back.

Whew.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 08:18:36 PM »
UPDATED:
Our 2017 Travels:

01.01 - Legoland Florida
02.11 - St. Louis Zoo
03.26 - Six Flags St. Louis's Opening Weekend
03.28 - Kemah Boardwalk
04.13 - Worlds of Fun's Opening Day
04.20 - Gateway Arch
05.06 - Worlds of Fun's BBQ and Brews Fest
05.29 - Silver Dollar City's Bluegrass & BBQ
05.31 - Six Flags Great America
06.09 - Oceans of Fun
06.09 - Worlds of Fun's Kansas City Flavor Festival
06.11 - Hurricane Harbor St. Louis
06.17 - Holiday World and Splashin' Safari
07.04 - Knott's Berry Farm
07.05 - Disneyland
07.06 - California Adventure
07.07 - Disneyland / California Adventure
07.08 - Sea World San Diego
07.08 - Legoland California
07.09 - Universal Studios Hollywood
07.10 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
07.11 - Universal Studios Hollywood
08.11 - Kings Island
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:24:47 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 07:33:37 AM »
UPDATED:
Our 2017 Travels:

01.01 - Legoland Florida
02.11 - St. Louis Zoo
03.26 - Six Flags St. Louis's Opening Weekend
03.28 - Kemah Boardwalk
04.13 - Worlds of Fun's Opening Day
04.20 - Gateway Arch
05.06 - Worlds of Fun's BBQ and Brews Fest
05.29 - Silver Dollar City's Bluegrass & BBQ
06.01 - Six Flags Great America
06.09 - Oceans of Fun
06.09 - Worlds of Fun's Kansas City Flavor Festival
06.11 - Hurricane Harbor St. Louis
06.17 - Holiday World and Splashin' Safari
07.04 - Knott's Berry Farm
07.05 - Disneyland
07.06 - California Adventure
07.07 - Disneyland / California Adventure
07.08 - Sea World San Diego
07.08 - Legoland California
07.09 - Universal Studios Hollywood
07.10 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
07.11 - Universal Studios Hollywood
08.11 - Kings Island

How was Boardwalk running at Kemah?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 08:53:32 AM »
Like crap.  I've yet to ride a GG woodie that ages well. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 01:33:19 PM »
Like crap.  I've yet to ride a GG woodie that ages well.

I've only rode them when they're relatively new. Just like the new one going up at Fun Spot in Kissimmee.  I'll hit it in spring 2018 and we loved Switchback last summer.

I'm looking forward to the giving the new GCI at BGW a workout very soon. I really like the look of that new compact woodie they are building in Chengdu. Which I may actually ride in a couple of years.

Is Iron Shark at Pleasure Pier holding up? Been two years now since I hit that one up.