Author Topic: 2017 Trip Reports  (Read 44466 times)

JJH

• View Profile
Re: 2017 Trip Reports
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2017, 06:06:14 PM »
Had a nice visit on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  The kids got to go on all the rides and a niece got to see SDC for the first time.  It is so much fun seeing the park through others eyes.  The park looked very nice.  On Saturday the management was walking the park.  I like the fact the SDC "suits" actually just wear polo's.  On Sunday there was a film crew shooting B-footage for an upcoming episode of a cooking/travel show.  The film crew told us who it was, but I don't know if that constitutes public knowledge for SDCfans.  I think everyone would recognize who it was.  It doesn't matter too much on Wednesday they start to film the chef, and everyone can find out then.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:12:25 AM by JJH »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2017, 10:20:21 PM »
Here's our Photo Trip Report from the National Crafts and Cowboy Festival
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/09/national-craft-cowboy-festival-sdc.html
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2017, 08:28:09 AM »
Great pics as always,  thanks swoosh.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2017, 03:33:06 PM »
Here's our Photo Trip Report from the National Crafts and Cowboy Festival
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/09/national-craft-cowboy-festival-sdc.html

Pretty good video to go along with the pics of the NC&C Festival....

https://youtu.be/cQkTHXajfYI

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #154 on: November 24, 2017, 10:41:47 PM »
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 25, 2017, 09:35:55 AM »
Swoosh as always, great pics and detail..  I saw some stuff I missed..  The park does look great this year.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2017, 04:51:47 PM »
Just heard 14175 was the count at 4:30 this afternoon.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2018, 07:43:05 PM »
Went 2nd weekend in December for annual Christmas trip.  Haven't had a chance to post about it until now.
What a great trip overall.  Lights were great, Dickens was awesome, Wassail was delicious, Flooded Mine was working fantastic just like it was this past summer, train was great.  Salloon was funny and PACKED.  Skillet was good from tater patch.
The new lights were very good and it will be nice because that will attract a lot of people while I go to my less visited haunts.
Trams were running very efficiently.  They weren't last year so that was great to see.

Only a few disappointments.
-Food at the Mine was really, really awful.  It's too bad, that's such a cool place and atmosphere.  It was the worst food I've ever had at SDC.
-Someone puked after getting off Outlaw Run.  The employees all stood there laughing at it as the lines got longer and longer.  No one wanted to work or do anything.  Finally one guy went about cleaning it up while all the others stood there laughing at him.  I saw the kit he used and there were plenty of latex gloves for more people to chip in.  They did not care and were extremely immature about the whole thing.  I was next in line so I stood and waited.  It took well over a half hour for a job that should have been done in a little more than five minutes.  I was very close to volunteering to do it myself, and I wasn't the only one angry about the situation.  It seems ride operators aren't what they used to be, there was only one quality one I saw on the whole trip, a young man on Powder Keg.

Other than that, great trip, love SDC, already thinking about our summer visit  ;D
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2018, 03:02:53 PM »
Yes, I will say the one time I ate at the Mine this year, it was not very good at all.  I used to eat there several times a year but this year it was simply not worth the price.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2018, 11:53:37 AM »
We ate at the mine a few times last year and never had any issues. I'm sure it varies by day, like many restaurants in and out of the park.