Author Topic: Baldknobbers move to new location.  (Read 5902 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Baldknobbers move to new location.
« on: March 15, 2017, 06:57:16 AM »

This is the story the news media released.

http://www.ky3.com/content/news/Baldknobbers-leave-longtime-Branson-home-416186343.html

Here are the detais to the story that wasnt in article.

The Baldknobbers will be performing at the old shangai acrobat theatre on 165 highway.. (for now anyway).

details the article left out is the reason Grandma is selling (or going to try to sell) the theatre is because the bank foreclosed on the property.. 
I dont know if the motel/restaraunt is affected by this foreclosure, I would guess, yes.   But nothing has been mentioned about the rest of the real estate
Local feeling are that this is a Political move between local officials and the theatre organizations.  Baldknobbers just got caught in the middle of it by circumstance..  But if the Bank foreclosed, they were obviously behind on payment..

Either way, will be a interesting move for them.. dealing with a new building, new management, getting situatedm used to new surroundings.  They will have to check in before they do something to building and so on

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Baldknobbers move to new location.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 08:20:48 AM »
Local feeling are that this is a Political move between local officials and the theatre organizations.  Baldknobbers just got caught in the middle of it by circumstance..

Whats the deal? did they want to move these folks of the strip?  Truth be told I had to watch the news clip to remember the building they were in.  I don't think they were very high profile as far as being a welcoming exciting looking attraction on the strip.  The Presley's have a nice theater, or they keep up the outside very well. The Baldknobbers had a nice piece of property on the strip. restaurant and hotel as well didn't they?

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:26:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure the restaurant and motel were sold a couple years ago but retained the name for cross marketing purposes. Not sure how the family dynamics involved affected this move also. The last time I saw this show it was a lot better and they seemed to be trying to move to a new format. Hopefully the move will be good because the theater was in defiant need of upgrading.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 08:30:41 AM »
Also, isn't there a new chain steak house restaurant going into the property that the old defunct motel on the east side occupied sat on ? Maybe the bank as a buyer in mind and the city would like a restaurant district in that area. Just thinking out loud here with no information or fact to back it up.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »
@MH-  easier for me to explain it to you in person.. it is all about Branson politics, between city management, advertising, The league of Shows, City Alderman.. It is a mess..

@Runner- yes, motel, restaraunt was sold off a couple of years ago..  Hindsight indicates it was a prelude to this situation..??

@runner. I dont know what is goin on there yet... been work goin on since last fall..  I will do some checking and try to verify...

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 11:52:58 AM »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 12:38:51 PM »
Actually that article cleared up some of the questions I had about the name change. Looks like Brandon and Tim and some investors bought the rights to the name but changed it slightly. Now that grandma is out of the picture I wonder if they will update the format. I know the other article mentioned  a outlaw country format. I'm not a show person but it might be worth a look see to gauge any changes.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 12:39:54 PM »
Another story with quote from Mabe family...

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_970d98da-08e7-11e7-8568-1fd7aad8b46c.html

@sanddunerider Seems like I heard the Coltons name thrown around for that site.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 03:38:17 PM »
@ Runner-  New steakhouse next to Baldknobbers is the New Longhorn Steakhouse..  Supposed to be a new design, unique to Branson and the area,,, supposed to be open by June 1st...   Have not started on concrete or building yet, so i dont know if i would bet on that or not..  LOL

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 06:11:04 PM »
According to the Branson Famous show featuring the Baldknobbers in 2015, the restaurant and motel were sold during the filming of the series. Seems as though the family needed money back then to keep the show going. Also during the series there were discussions about making changes to the show and investors were approached during that time. Don't know if the same investors are the ones involved now.

The new LongHorn steakhouse is part of a chain. There is one in Springfield and several other cities. About once a month they have coupons in the Sunday newspaper.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 08:41:13 PM »
thats right Biscuit..  on both counts... ;D ;D

Link for steakhouse info..
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_edba4ad4-ea4c-11e6-ab06-379920c06b66.html

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 03:20:22 AM »
What happen to the Longhorn on Green Mountain Dr?
SDC has always made a great past to remember

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 06:48:06 AM »
What happen to the Longhorn on Green Mountain Dr?

That was a Texas something restaurant. These chain steak house all have similar type  names and it gets confusing.

Longhorn is part of the Darden group. A little more upscale and not as loud as the typical roadhouse style.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 01:15:37 PM »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 02:32:11 PM »
Thats quite a bit for a worn out theatre,,,  LOL

Just got back home, lots more info on different topics today and tomorrow...  ;D

I noticed ALL the signage is still up at old theatre, AND NO new signage at new theatre...  They should at least have new banners up at new location to start advertising..

Word on the street is they rented the facility, so they can run it and do with it what they want to .. ( in theory ;))