Author Topic: Dollywood 2018  (Read 22679 times)

jtudor

• View Profile
Dollywood 2018
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:15:52 AM »
Posted on another forum:

So did anyone else get a Dollywood survey where they asked for opinions on four potential new themed areas? The themes were Music (which seemed to dominate the survey), Roadside Attractions, Snow and Farming/Agriculture. The survey showed some very preliminary artwork of the concepts and mentioned that each area would have "8-10 rides the family can enjoy together ranging from mild to wild" along with shows and food that relate to the theme of each area.

Wondering if this will be a new area or a rebuilt county fair space

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Dollywood 2018
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:34:44 AM »
I just saw that (on TPR) and commented too. A re-theme of county fair was my first cynical thought, but I think they still have their minds set on expansion.

I think this will be their "answer" to Fireman's Landing. Maybe they'll squeeze a new indoor play area as well. I don't think the train loop is a practical area to expand into yet, but there is room north of the entrance if they get creative.

I just hope they go with farming. Music is already a major theme of the park, roadside attractions seems wonky, and snow is just lame.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 09:28:59 PM »
About time to dust this thread off and get to speculating! Summer is basically here and that means August announcements are just around the corner.

I haven't made it back to DW since 2015 so my knowedge about how the park is laid out is getting old, but after looking at where things could be squeezed in I'm wondering if there's a way to open up more area on the North part of the park near the entrance. I know they've been restructuring the parking over there already, but it's such a pinch point that it's inevitable that they will have to widen it soon. It's steep terrain on both sides, but excavation isn't something they are afraid of anymore, and it really doesn't take much space to squeeze in a few kid's rides.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 09:08:15 AM »
Maybe a different Themed "Firemans Landing"

jtudor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 09:18:42 AM »
Shave, you mentioned on TPR this:

Anyway though, I'm thinking that before too long we could start seeing some markings for the 2018 addition. If they are indeed adding a whole new area as proposed in the last concept, then they will typically start clearing by August depending on how much excavation is necessary.

Can you post what the last concept was?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 01:56:57 PM »
I was referring to the last known ride concept survey, the one you mentioned in the first post of this thread with the three different pitches of a new area similar to Fireman's Landing. I don't think I saved the images if there were any.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 06:19:47 PM »
I'm thinking that before too long we could start seeing some markings for the 2018 addition.

I might be completely off on this guess, but I honestly see DW not adding anything next year.  I fully believe that what happens next year will rely on the lawsuit between HFEC and RMC.  IIRC, when HFEC was in a legal battle with Huss over Timber Tower nothing of significance was added that season.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 08:22:08 PM »
I'm thinking that before too long we could start seeing some markings for the 2018 addition.

I might be completely off on this guess, but I honestly see DW not adding anything next year.  I fully believe that what happens next year will rely on the lawsuit between HFEC and RMC.  IIRC, when HFEC was in a legal battle with Huss over Timber Tower nothing of significance was added that season.

Did not know that it had got to the litigation stage. Sad.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 02:01:52 AM »
Pretty good guess that HFEC is probably done with RMC for future attractions. Honestly while I respect the chain for being open minded to embrace new ideas and concepts for attractions, I think HFEC needs to back away a bit from trying to 1up other chains coasters or be the worlds first for something and just go back to installing quality rides/attractions in their parks. Stick with high capacity and reliability. Its unfortunate that the issues with LR and even OR has been such a huge headache and a publicity nightmare. Its a real black eye for the chain.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:07:10 AM by sdcfan88 »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 10:27:47 AM »
My son and girlfriend are at Dollywood today.  Her guide dog has a reservation at Doggywood!  How cool is that??? I wondered how they would be able to enjoy rides with her guide, but Doggywood to the rescue! Her dog will spend the day on park in her own "cottage with a bed" and her own private kennel run. Thank you, Dollywood, for this excellent service! I wish SDC had something similar.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 12:00:34 PM »
Silver Doggie City?   :o

I would probably be a customer.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 01:57:42 PM »
My son and girlfriend are at Dollywood today.  Her guide dog has a reservation at Doggywood!  How cool is that??? I wondered how they would be able to enjoy rides with her guide, but Doggywood to the rescue! Her dog will spend the day on park in her own "cottage with a bed" and her own private kennel run. Thank you, Dollywood, for this excellent service! I wish SDC had something similar.

is this an extra expense?   is there someone there to monitor pets? or do you just put them in a kennel , and pick them up later?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2017, 04:33:02 PM »

Silver Collar City
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 10:26:44 PM »

Silver Collar City

Rover Dollar City
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 10:43:34 PM »
Love the names!  It was $27 for the day (I think she received a discount with a guide dog), take your own dog food (guide dogs eat a controlled diet, so she would've taken food for her regardless), they have an attendant, and water is free.  Her dog had a tail wagging great day!  Here's a link:http://www.dollywood.com/themepark/Guest-Services/Doggywood