Author Topic: Showboat Branson Belle -- big changes  (Read 6145 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Showboat Branson Belle -- big changes
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »
This happened to me on the Paddlewheel at the Landing.  I said no, also, and noticed they took a pic anyway as we walked away.  I asked why that happened and was told it was a legal issue to know who is boarding the boat in case of emergency.

Same thing on the Ducks, they say the pictures give them, accurate count and record of who is on the boat at the time...  MAybe that is a valid concern/idea....

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »
It isn't about the time... I just do not like my picture taken by anyone. Just a personal quirk... maybe part of the native american side coming out. I will opt out on shore too... hopefully won't be a fight because I really want to see the Country on the lake show.

One of my best friends is Choctaw, and we actually just recently discussed that exact topic, so I understand 100% what you mean and I hope for your sake that in future they don't push you to have your photo taken the way they did before.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2017, 05:35:37 PM »
It isn't about the time... I just do not like my picture taken by anyone. Just a personal quirk... maybe part of the native american side coming out. I will opt out on shore too... hopefully won't be a fight because I really want to see the Country on the lake show.

One of my best friends is Choctaw, and we actually just recently discussed that exact topic, so I understand 100% what you mean and I hope for your sake that in future they don't push you to have your photo taken the way they did before.

well just be prepared.. they have 3 people now doing pictures, and you cant go around them...  FYI. ???

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 06:05:54 PM »

Actually it has just been the one time I had an issue. The other times it was fine. At Dixie stampede it has been fine. The only place it has ever been an issue is the one time at Branson Belle... And I've been to the Belle about 8 times so only just the once

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 06:09:45 PM »
Are they still doing the pictures beforehand? I HATE that part... slows things down and I do not want my picture taken nor will I ever be buying a picture set. I have a phone and a camera that is as good or better than they have and IF I do want pictures, I will take them myself. In the past, I have just said I wasn't getting pictures and bypassed it all. Then last fall I had a run in with one of the photographers who INSISTED I get pictures and we got into an argument over this... We finally just walked by her and boarded because I was done arguing about it.

This is such an outdated process and I do not know why it persists in Branson. Before everyone had a camera on their phone it made sense as people want to remember... But no one is going to pay for pictures they can take for free. Just is a waste of photographic paper. I do hope they recycle the 95% of pictures that go unsold.

They use those for emergency purposes. If somebody goes overboard, they have a way to identify them. Selling them to you is just an added bonus for them to make money instead of wasting all that paper. But, if you prefer not having your picture taken and are 100% sure you wont go overboard, they arent suppose to stop you. Phones really do work just as well, or better. In this day and age, there really isnt a need to buy pictures. I just do it because anything can happen.