Author Topic: Showboat Branson Belle -- big changes  (Read 6139 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Showboat Branson Belle -- big changes
« on: February 25, 2017, 09:38:17 AM »
Big changes for the Showboat -- new stores and board procedure at the dock, new stage and decor, new shows, some new performers, seating changes, and more. Here's the info from Branson Tri-Lakes:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/entertainment/article_7ec5319e-fabd-11e6-bd9c-a76e2b5a9aae.html

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Showboat Branson Belle -- big changes
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 02:20:14 PM »
Interesting article,, I am planning o a Spring Break ride anyway..   Hopefully the new show isnt to "country".. :-\.  will get some pics and review the trip then..

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 07:49:22 AM »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 12:51:22 PM »
Good pics and article.
This saturday is opening weekend. I think I will go and check it out!.  should be interesting.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 12:57:28 PM »
I wish that they would create some type of ticket for just a deck pass. No Dinner, No show just sitting outside enjoying the cruise. I could care less about the show and dinner but would enjoy a nice cruise just sipping a beer or drink and relaxing.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 02:31:47 PM »
I wish that they would create some type of ticket for just a deck pass. No Dinner, No show just sitting outside enjoying the cruise. I could care less about the show and dinner but would enjoy a nice cruise just sipping a beer or drink and relaxing.

Yea, thats a good idea, BUT that aint going to happen for a while.  NO alchohol on that boat :-[..  Besides if they did a cruise only the ticket price would be waaaaay out of line, consider the cost to cruise on the boat :-\...   

I LOVE the idea, 2 hour cruise, go back towards Kinberling city and back, relax, enjoy the sun and sights... ;D ;D

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 09:30:17 AM »
Hubs and I took a walk to the Belle yesterday. I was surprised that it's taking on passengers so early as there couldn't have been more than 40-50 people boarding if that many.  Does it usually open this early? Loud country music playing in the open area.  It was much nicer without it. The gift shop was closed, but the drinks machines on the outside of the building were full and the umbrella lady was working.  The drinks are an eyesore (hubs commented before me about it), and the music is obnoxious. There's plenty of seating now and strings of Christmas lights hanging.  The Belle looks nice as always - top level now has chairs on it.  I hope the gift shop opens later as it was always a nice little shop.  We usually hike to the Belle and get a sarsaparilla. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 10:22:07 AM »
Hubs and I took a walk to the Belle yesterday. I was surprised that it's taking on passengers so early as there couldn't have been more than 40-50 people boarding if that many.  Does it usually open this early? Loud country music playing in the open area.  It was much nicer without it. The gift shop was closed, but the drinks machines on the outside of the building were full and the umbrella lady was working.  The drinks are an eyesore (hubs commented before me about it), and the music is obnoxious. There's plenty of seating now and strings of Christmas lights hanging.  The Belle looks nice as always - top level now has chairs on it.  I hope the gift shop opens later as it was always a nice little shop.  We usually hike to the Belle and get a sarsaparilla.

Gift shop was open last sturday when i went on the Maiden voyage for the year..   there wasnt any music on the docks that day that i noticed..  they are starting boarding procedure about 1 hour early this year..  think it will make loading faster...  didnt notice it sat.. still a wait..

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 10:05:36 AM »
Took our very first voyage on the Showboat last night, using our SDC season passes for a discount. It had snowed a little during the day so the views from the boat were really beautiful. Although due to the snow and wet conditions, only the second level viewing platform was available to walk on.

The food was great and the show was really entertaining. All the performers were very talented. Service was also excellent with a very kind waiter. I would definitely return to the Showboat, possibly considering going to the Christmas show.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 11:34:56 AM »
The food was great and the show was really entertaining. All the performers were very talented. Service was also excellent with a very kind waiter. I would definitely return to the Showboat, possibly considering going to the Christmas show.

Coaster they are having n all New show this year.."Country on the LAke Cruise"  . I will be checking it out,  I am NOT a C&W fan, unless it is the older stuff, back from the days before they screwed it up..  LOL.. I will see that show once just to check it out, AND the food for the country show is an all new meal too, BBQ and the fixins.  If i dont  like the music/show, i wont go back to that one.!  LOL.  BUT it all new with all new entertainers..

I Love the classic rock show that Casandre' and Christopher James does..  Qusetion for you Coaster.. How long did cruise/show last?   It lasted a full 2 1/2 hours which is longer than in the past.  I hope that continues..

Also the Christmas show is an amazing show and will be all new this year too.. will be Casandre', Christopher James and the rest of the cast..

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 02:46:41 PM »
The show was 2 and a half hours, we definitely felt it was worth the money. I would like to do the country cruise but not everyone in my family is a fan of that style of music. That's why if we return again this year it would be for the Christmas show.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 09:31:25 AM »
Are they still doing the pictures beforehand? I HATE that part... slows things down and I do not want my picture taken nor will I ever be buying a picture set. I have a phone and a camera that is as good or better than they have and IF I do want pictures, I will take them myself. In the past, I have just said I wasn't getting pictures and bypassed it all. Then last fall I had a run in with one of the photographers who INSISTED I get pictures and we got into an argument over this... We finally just walked by her and boarded because I was done arguing about it.

This is such an outdated process and I do not know why it persists in Branson. Before everyone had a camera on their phone it made sense as people want to remember... But no one is going to pay for pictures they can take for free. Just is a waste of photographic paper. I do hope they recycle the 95% of pictures that go unsold.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 12:33:45 PM »
Are they still doing the pictures beforehand? I HATE that part... slows things down and I do not want my picture taken nor will I ever be buying a picture set. I have a phone and a camera that is as good or better than they have and IF I do want pictures, I will take them myself. In the past, I have just said I wasn't getting pictures and bypassed it all. Then last fall I had a run in with one of the photographers who INSISTED I get pictures and we got into an argument over this... We finally just walked by her and boarded because I was done arguing about it.

This is such an outdated process and I do not know why it persists in Branson. Before everyone had a camera on their phone it made sense as people want to remember... But no one is going to pay for pictures they can take for free. Just is a waste of photographic paper. I do hope they recycle the 95% of pictures that go unsold.

Yes they are still doing this, but now they do it on the dock are where you feed the Carp. yes, you lose a few minutes maybe.  BUT its what they do.. I just say no inside when they approach me..

I see why they do it, So i tolerate it...  think about IF they asked 500 people, maybe 10 people would say yes....  BUT if you take everyones pictures and then people inside see the pics, and think people say yes, they may pick up another 50-100 on impulse buying... that would be 1250-2500 additional revenue for the company...  I gaurantee they are making money on this, OR they would not be doing it..   

Go, enjoy the new shows..  Casandre's show is great.!>

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 01:50:56 PM »
It isn't about the time... I just do not like my picture taken by anyone. Just a personal quirk... maybe part of the native american side coming out. I will opt out on shore too... hopefully won't be a fight because I really want to see the Country on the lake show.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 02:52:25 PM »
This happened to me on the Paddlewheel at the Landing.  I said no, also, and noticed they took a pic anyway as we walked away.  I asked why that happened and was told it was a legal issue to know who is boarding the boat in case of emergency.