Author Topic: Through the Decades  (Read 20599 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Through the Decades
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2008, 11:08:56 PM »
I remember the rainmaker and the sprinklers.

When I saw the guns in the Flooded Mine c.1995 (after a 13 year absence), I was confused and disappointed. Seemed like they didn't know what else to do with a ride that was a bit dated, so they just threw in a cheezy nod to pre-schoolers of the video generation. It was never a thrill ride (except the avalanche was a bit exciting), but I think it was more interesting back when you had to pay attention to the projected faces, signs on the walls, and the dialog.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Re: Through the Decades
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2008, 06:40:35 PM »
I remember the rainmaker and the sprinklers.

When I saw the guns in the Flooded Mine c.1995 (after a 13 year absence), I was confused and disappointed. Seemed like they didn't know what else to do with a ride that was a bit dated, so they just threw in a cheezy nod to pre-schoolers of the video generation. It was never a thrill ride (except the avalanche was a bit exciting), but I think it was more interesting back when you had to pay attention to the projected faces, signs on the walls, and the dialog.

Good point KBCraig.  We need to learn that you can't talk down to a kid, they notice everything.  I completely remember the canaries and would point them out as a kid to my parents.  Taking away a lot of the maturity level and themeing of a ride like that only pleases the parents, not the kids.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!