Author Topic: New Water Park  (Read 3732 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
New Water Park
« on: July 07, 2017, 06:00:32 AM »
Westgate finally have their permit and has broken ground on the 1.1 million dollar water park. it will be located next to "drafts", on the intersection of SOTH expressway and Roark.    Just up the street from Classic motor Inn

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: New Water Park
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 09:53:07 AM »
My in-laws have a timeshare with Westgate so they get some exclusive details before everyone else. From what they were saying, it's gonna be a HUGE deal.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 12:48:49 PM »
My in-laws have a timeshare with Westgate so they get some exclusive details before everyone else. From what they were saying, it's gonna be a HUGE deal.

That is what I am hearing also, I am surprised the permit was for "only" 1.1 million..??    thought a really big deal would have a bigger price tag.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 02:05:45 PM »

That is what I am hearing also, I am surprised the permit was for "only" 1.1 million..??    thought a really big deal would have a bigger price tag.

1.1.million will not get you very much. Kinda wonder if this is maybe just the first permit for dirtwork then go back and get another permit for actual construction ? 

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 03:07:05 PM »

1.1.million will not get you very much. Kinda wonder if this is maybe just the first permit for dirtwork then go back and get another permit for actual construction ?

That's what I'm wondering.  it would be hard to even build a large enclosed pool complex for that amount of money.  It does make me wonder if that's just for land clearing and preparation if this is going to be any sort of actual "park".

Just curious, anyone know what Grand Country spent on their indoor water park?  It would give a good financial reference to what they are spending here.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 01:02:55 PM »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 01:24:45 PM »
The newspaper article says the permit is for sitework.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_109950d0-6037-11e7-9983-e35d44d4cd8e.html

Well then that explains that,,  LOL..  thanks Biscuit..

dawsonrt

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:57:01 PM by dawsonrt »
-Spencer

dawsonrt

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 08:59:24 PM »
I just saw the post already in the forum about this.
-Spencer

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 09:20:52 PM »
So looking similar "water parks" at the other Wingate properties, I'd expect this to be less of an actual water park and more of an indoor pool and splash pad with a couple small slides. $1.1 million is indeed not a lot. There's already a couple places just like that or slightly larger in Branson already...

I mean, it's nice for the resort, but hardly anything ground breaking or worth getting excited over for anyone who doesn't stay there.

It'd be nice to see something bigger come along and push the envelope, but I'm sure its tough in a town where nothing happens without Herschend approval.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 09:38:27 PM »
So looking similar "water parks" at the other Wingate properties, I'd expect this to be less of an actual water park and more of an indoor pool and splash pad with a couple small slides. $1.1 million is indeed not a lot. There's already a couple places just like that or slightly larger in Branson already...

I mean, it's nice for the resort, but hardly anything ground breaking or worth getting excited over for anyone who doesn't stay there.

It'd be nice to see something bigger come along and push the envelope, but I'm sure its tough in a town where nothing happens without Herschend approval.

Shave, this is for sure a small project.. located on the corner right next to Drafts. Westgate owners and visitors will drive right by it, headed for the resort.. (convienent huh?  LOL)