Author Topic: Bigfoot is Growing  (Read 11375 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Bigfoot is Growing
« on: February 23, 2017, 02:10:59 PM »
The Main Structure is up, along with other components, check out the pics.
First 6 from 2 weeks ago
Next 3 I took From RFD parking yestarday in the sunshine,
The last 5 this morning in the dense fog.. :-[
I couldnt get close enough for good pics on wed, so waited until thursday, then it was foggy..!   Oh well??

There is a large concrete builing on the east side of project? use?  dont know,
Also new in the front of lot 4 or 5 large daimeter poles, Have to wait and see what those will be used for

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10210456180152303.1073741928.1578260143&type=3&uploaded=8

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Bigfoot is Growing
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 05:49:14 PM »
Great photos! Do you mind if I add them to the main site to do another update story on this project for the blog?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 08:49:26 AM »
Shave, yes you can, no problem.

You and Swoosh are welcome to use my photos anytime to help/assist this site or other sites. 

thanks for asking..

I will get better pics when i get back down there

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 08:27:20 PM »
I always click on your Facebook link but they never open for me.   :(
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 06:17:45 AM »
Mmmm?  i have my album set to public..  Nobody else having that problem...  try this..

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10210456180152303.1073741928.1578260143&type=3

pintrader

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 07:37:38 AM »
I always click on your Facebook link but they never open for me.   :(

You have to be actually logged into facebook before it will open or it will say (sorry this page isn't available).

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 09:36:58 AM »
Looks like they kept the sky surfer.  I wonder if Big Foot is related to the go carts next door. 
Someone really needs to come up with a discount ticket book for several of the smaller attractions.  Before or during WW early years they did this in Branson with Water Slides, problem was you couldn't afford to ride them all if you wanted too.  Seems like a "city pass" with "so many" credits would be a good idea.  If I wanted to go to Big Foot, the Ferris Wheel and The mountain coaster and Titanic I would be out more than a day at SDC.  The smaller attractions are great but have to be priced right.  I have yet to do some of the smaller stuff,  they have to make their profit understandably but it also must be affordable.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 11:43:45 AM »
@MH,   Bigfoot, and the go carts next door are separate entities..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2017, 03:12:44 PM »
Here are current pics of Bigfoot...

Shave, Swoosh,  feel free to use any of them you need/want to...

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10210756525140740.1073741933.1578260143&type=3&uploaded=15

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 08:39:01 AM »
So I have to admit, I'm a little confused at this point.  The tower that is going up right now looks about the same size in width/ length as an S&S double shot tower.  Drove by it Friday, and it's not a large circumference structure- at least not as large as I was thinking it needed to be for what it's supposed to do.

It can do the launch/ drop ride, but I'm having a hard time seeing how an observation tower type ride that can fit more than 2 people is going to possibly fit inside of it.  Especially when you look at the pipes and hardware that are in it as well (which also look very S&S like at this early stage).  So I'm really wondering how this is all going to work out.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 11:26:40 AM »
So I have to admit, I'm a little confused at this point.  The tower that is going up right now looks about the same size in width/ length as an S&S double shot tower.  Drove by it Friday, and it's not a large circumference structure- at least not as large as I was thinking it needed to be for what it's supposed to do.

It can do the launch/ drop ride, but I'm having a hard time seeing how an observation tower type ride that can fit more than 2 people is going to possibly fit inside of it.  Especially when you look at the pipes and hardware that are in it as well (which also look very S&S like at this early stage).  So I'm really wondering how this is all going to work out.

I agree, i expected a larger frame.,  IF that is all there is to it.  i guess another month or so will explain it..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 07:58:17 PM »
I'll be honest, we're not covering at MiG because we just don't "get" it. 

Hey Sand, any movement at the site of former water chute and now home to new mountain coaster?
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 08:05:42 PM »
lots of dirt work, a few footings, no structure yet.. 

they saved the walkways, service building down the hill and the "round" structure up by parking lot, all from the water chute sight..

i will post pictures when they have some track on site or start doing the assembly.  I will be back in town in 3 weeks.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 08:42:13 PM »
I was going to say that maybe this is only part of the tower, but this news article that I just found seems to indirectly state that they changed the plans around and now this attraction is just a standard S&S tower:
http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/first-sighting-of-bigfoot-on-the-strip/659532801

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the slingshot ride will now be on it's own independent tower apparatus. The glass elevator seems to have been written off.

It makes sense I guess. When this was first announced it sounded like a drop tower with some other things added on. Now it sounds like an indoor play place with a drop tower and a slingshot ride outside. It's a much better business model. The only thing they haven't fixed is the name...

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 09:05:04 PM »
I was going to say that maybe this is only part of the tower, but this news article that I just found seems to indirectly state that they changed the plans around and now this attraction is just a standard S&S tower:
http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/first-sighting-of-bigfoot-on-the-strip/659532801

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the slingshot ride will now be on it's own independent tower apparatus. The glass elevator seems to have been written off.

It makes sense I guess. When this was first announced it sounded like a drop tower with some other things added on. Now it sounds like an indoor play place with a drop tower and a slingshot ride outside. It's a much better business model. The only thing they haven't fixed is the name...

I missed that.. ;D ;D  OK>  so that explains a lot of thing about the project. :-\ :-\. LOL...

thanks Shave!