Author Topic: Just some general questions  (Read 7701 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: Just some general questions
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 02:50:46 PM »

Only time I typically notice is when I'm next in line and my gates don't open:(  A fast passer jumps in front which is extra irritating if you've planed out a train with someone around you.

I've never bought any type of pass at SDC but I've wished I had a few times.  I usually avoid the high traffic days and plan my trips specifically around not have to deal with excessive waits. 

I noticed this year that the show lovers pass really took up a lot of seats!!!!  Up to 20% of the Christmas shows were blocked off.  I'd image that for the folks who really are only coming to see the shows it's probably worth the extra cost to ensure seats.

I'm not terribly angry about the passes....it's a smart business move....time is money and people are showing that they will pay the extra expense for it.  Of course.....SDC has to balance that with frustrations they can bring to the general ticket buyer and the value the feel like they are getting at the park.  It's a balance that the whole industry is experimenting with.  As long as the limit the amount they sell so that we don't get to a point where an additional pass is required to get to do more then a ride or two....at that point they might as well change per ride fee's after you pay the gate.

I'm all for single rider lines!!!!  As someone who often is the only one in my party who wanta to go on the bigger rides....it is great at the FL parks to be able to just jump in that line and get on in 5-10 minutes on rides with 60+min waits. 

My next few non-SDC trips will include me pricing fast passes for myself.  I'll fully utilize them at other parks especially if my time is limited.  I always assume most of the Trailblazers are enthusiasts trying to maximize their time or families with money the can splurge.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:13:55 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 02:52:07 PM »
I usually see someone using the fast pass everyday I come. I hate them. Most people call them "cheaters" because they are cheating the line even though they may come once a year or less. A line is defined as "A formation of people or things one behind  another". This is a system that works and has worked for a long time in humanity. By cheating the system, it may good for you or feel good to you, but it is bad for all of us and you will eventually feel guilty or karma will catch up. There is a line for a reason: to let people do something they want to do which is 1st come, 1st serve. By cutting in line, there really is no line anymore. If someone saves a space in line and that person or those people come after they got in line, it is cutting because it puts everyone from that point back, farther back then where they got in line. That is why I dont allow saving spots in line and will make sure an empolyee of the ride knows and try my best to get you kicked out of the park or at least kicked out of line. It is not fair to anybody. If you want to ride, but your family is somewhere in line, it dont matter. You must go to the back of the line like everyone else. We all waited in line and you have to as well. You are no more important than the rest of us. Cutting in line, to me, is like kicking me in the nuts or robbing me, like a democrat does.

Dude. Really? I highly advise not going to any Disney park, then, because if you're that hateful toward fastpasses, you would NOT like Disney.

Also, lets lay off the random political comments? That was completely off-topic.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 04:29:39 PM »
There is a difference - Disney does not upcharge for a fastpass.  They are available to everyone.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 05:01:27 PM »
I usually see someone using the fast pass everyday I come. I hate them. Most people call them "cheaters" because they are cheating the line even though they may come once a year or less. A line is defined as "A formation of people or things one behind  another". This is a system that works and has worked for a long time in humanity. By cheating the system, it may good for you or feel good to you, but it is bad for all of us and you will eventually feel guilty or karma will catch up. There is a line for a reason: to let people do something they want to do which is 1st come, 1st serve. By cutting in line, there really is no line anymore. If someone saves a space in line and that person or those people come after they got in line, it is cutting because it puts everyone from that point back, farther back then where they got in line. That is why I dont allow saving spots in line and will make sure an empolyee of the ride knows and try my best to get you kicked out of the park or at least kicked out of line. It is not fair to anybody. If you want to ride, but your family is somewhere in line, it dont matter. You must go to the back of the line like everyone else. We all waited in line and you have to as well. You are no more important than the rest of us. Cutting in line, to me, is like kicking me in the nuts or robbing me, like a democrat does.

Dude. Really? I highly advise not going to any Disney park, then, because if you're that hateful toward fastpasses, you would NOT like Disney.

Also, lets lay off the random political comments? That was completely off-topic.

It's all a question of "how much is your time worth" - I've used them quite extensively when I travel so I can ride as much as I want, when I want, but also have time to enjoy the park. Sorry, the less amount of time I'm in line the better for me.  It's less exhausting and I don't feel rushed to "get my money's worth" like when I don't have it. 
SWOOSH

coasterdad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2017, 06:37:38 PM »
I didnt mind paying the $150.00 for the season trailblazer pass because I can use it anytime I want and ride as many times as I want. I find it hard to swallow the $69 for a one day trailblazer pass. Personally wished other parks would offer a season "fast pass". I attend SDC and Six flags numerous times throughout the year......SDC was 19 times last year....loved each time.

I am a sfot season pass holder and they do offer a season flash pass. it is not cheap but you CAN get one

coasterdad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 07:08:42 PM »
Quote from: Dewayne

When it comes to either fast pass at SDC, dont get me started. I HATE THEM! They found a loophole to cheat the system.

Wow you are passionate  about this....I can not speak for SDC as I have never needed to purchase their trailblazer pass, However at six flags you are purchasing a virtual place in line now there are levels to this system that allow you to shorten your wait times but the price goes up with the shortened wait time. saying that people who purchase these perks are cheating is like saying that people who go to SDC are cheating the people that are at the track for their attractions b/c they can't afford the entrance price for SDC. when at a park that offers a fast pass type option I will always do it. I budget it into my allowance for said park and plan accordingly. everyone has the option to buy these passes they don't just offer them to select people. if you want to wait in line that's fine. don't call names to people who accept an option that anyone can buy.( BTW before I get flamed I have mild PTSD from the navy so tight crowds make me very uncomfortable.)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:35:32 PM by shavethewhales »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 07:12:37 PM »
I'm sure SDC started offering the Trailblazer passes as a  convenience for those that only have a day at the park.  They don't seem to be used enough to be an inconvenience to me.  I'm eternally grateful I live close enough to get a Season Pass and can visit many times during the year.  I'm getting the same ride/show experience as those that paid extra money with it costing me nothing but a little more time.  And that's only true on very busy days. 
I'm Your Huckleberry

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 09:55:02 PM »
Yes, but Im glad there are a limited amount because if everyone used them, there really wouldnt be a line. Which is why I dont get why any park would have these cheap, or free and enough for every person in the park. They would just take the fast pass, then there would be almost nobody in the regular line.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 01:47:22 PM »
There is a difference - Disney does not upcharge for a fastpass.  They are available to everyone.

Yeap Disney's system is 'free' but you have to be wise enough to know the best ways to use it.  Unless it's changed in the past few years you still had to go to the ride to get a pass for later in the day and each person could only have one pass out at a time.  The most popular rides usually run out of passes through the day (sometimes really early).  Disney basically just created a way to reserve a ride time for later.  It's not really a 'cut in line' pass because they have limited spots scheduled through the day for them and you won't get to 'cheat' without having already been to the ride during the day.  You learn quickly to rush to the 2 rides you want to ride and are close first thing in the morning....grab a pass on one (hoping for an early spot)....ride another (or two) with time....use the pass....the hit the next busiest ride to get a pass.  Do all that before lunch and you might get a chance to score a 3rd pass before they run out on the big rides.  Also helps if you have a non-riders with you...used them a few times to grab 2x passes for the coasters.  Not sure if you can pay up to be able to have multiple passes out at once.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 02:43:51 PM »

Yeap Disney's system is 'free' but you have to be wise enough to know the best ways to use it.  Unless it's changed in the past few years you still had to go to the ride to get a pass for later in the day and each person could only have one pass out at a time.  The most popular rides usually run out of passes through the day (sometimes really early).  Disney basically just created a way to reserve a ride time for later.  It's not really a 'cut in line' pass because they have limited spots scheduled through the day for them and you won't get to 'cheat' without having already been to the ride during the day.  You learn quickly to rush to the 2 rides you want to ride and are close first thing in the morning....grab a pass on one (hoping for an early spot)....ride another (or two) with time....use the pass....the hit the next busiest ride to get a pass.  Do all that before lunch and you might get a chance to score a 3rd pass before they run out on the big rides.  Also helps if you have a non-riders with you...used them a few times to grab 2x passes for the coasters.  Not sure if you can pay up to be able to have multiple passes out at once.

Disney is totally different now with the introduction of the magic band. If you are staying on property you can book 3 fast passes per day up to 6 months ahead. Day visitors are a totally different system. Also the attractions are categorized so you can only book 1 a, b, or c class attraction per day. People plan way ahead in those parks.

As for SDC trailblazer passes.  I do not understand people getting upset over this and calling it cheating and stuff like that. It is a perk you can pay for if you wish and if you choose not to that is fine also. Myself have never felt the need for it since we always go on non peak days. But, if the need arose I would certainly utilize it to the fullest.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 04:04:34 PM »

Disney is totally different now with the introduction of the magic band. If you are staying on property you can book 3 fast passes per day up to 6 months ahead. Day visitors are a totally different system. Also the attractions are categorized so you can only book 1 a, b, or c class attraction per day. People plan way ahead in those parks.

As for SDC trailblazer passes.  I do not understand people getting upset over this and calling it cheating and stuff like that. It is a perk you can pay for if you wish and if you choose not to that is fine also. Myself have never felt the need for it since we always go on non peak days. But, if the need arose I would certainly utilize it to the fullest.

Good to know....just realized it's been over 6 years since I've been....lol

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 11:01:03 AM »
I also do not like the trailblazer pass. While the option is available for everybody to purchase the pass, it's not really accessible to families on a budget. When we go to SDC and Branson we are already stretching it financially and there is no way bigger families like mine can afford to purchase that pass for every family member (we have a family of six). It also frustrates me when people can hop to the front of the line. Their time is no more valuable than mine or my family's. The trailblazer pass has always been a sore spot for me as well. SDC is a place for the family and if it gets too expensive because we have to buy trailblazer passes for each family member to get on the rides, we'll stop going.
Colorado SDC Fan