General Category > Random Talk

Airports!

(1/6) > >>

Gilligan:
What are your experiences with airports within 3-4 hrs drive from Branson? Sand, aren't you from Kansas City? Chittlins, you fly frequently? Looking for airfare from Branson to San Francisco.  What airport do you suggest? Kansas City, Springfield, Bentonville area? Come on guys - help me out.

Swoosh:
MCI is more of a hub for Southwest and Frontier.  I don't think STL is a hub for anything anymore. 

sanddunerider:

--- Quote from: Gilligan on January 31, 2017, 08:17:58 PM ---What are your experiences with airports within 3-4 hrs drive from Branson? Sand, aren't you from Kansas City? Chittlins, you fly frequently? Looking for airfare from Branson to San Francisco.  What airport do you suggest? Kansas City, Springfield, Bentonville area? Come on guys - help me out.

--- End quote ---

I am ctually from the topeka kansas area..   I am sure you could get a flight form KC to frisco, with a pitstop in denver.     
would be very surprised if springfield didnt offer the same thing, if not maybe a layover in phoenix or dallas...

I dont fly, so not much help...  LOL

Joy:
The times my family and I have flown out to California, it's been from Kansas City. I like the airport there; I'm very familiar with it. I haven't flown into San Fran, though; just Fresno, Los Angeles (LAX), and... I can't remember which airport in the Bay Area (there are so many!).

I really like Southwest. Their planes have always been very well-kept and their rates have always been pretty decent.

HumphreyHawk:
When I fly on my dime....I've usually flew out of MCO or TUL for the best deals which are both pretty far from my home in Northwest Arkansas.  They both have Southwest and Frontier to go west and I've used them both before.  I also have family near MCO that have dropped kids off at to help us get away;)  I've flew out of Springfield before on Allegent to Orlando a few years ago too.

XNA (Bentonville/Fayetteville) is a great airport to get in and out of and growing airport and I use it all the time for work travel but it has some of the most expensive fares in the country (sometimes 2-3x more than TUL or MCO) since it's such a biz hub and doesn't have any very many discount airlines there (only has allegent that flys to Orlando and Vegas).  I know the airport has been begging for more airline to come in to help with the competition and increase the non-biz travel.  I know they have direct flights to LA but I'm not sure about San Francisco. 

I've notice billboards up advertising that American is flying out of Joplin with free parking....might check on that too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version