Author Topic: SDC Job Fair 2017  (Read 3243 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
SDC Job Fair 2017
« on: January 27, 2017, 06:05:09 PM »
Saw this posted on one of the others sites,, scheduled for Feb 10 and 11.

https://blog.silverdollarcity.com/article/job-fair-feb-10-11

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Job Fair 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 01:12:29 PM »
I saw this on facebook the other day, the wife said I didn't need to be looking for a job there, that I have I that pays more( nurse for 35 years) and was getting too old to even get around the park.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 11:58:39 PM »
I hope someone from the site is going to the job fair so they can get some park update pics for midtown.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 09:18:53 AM »
I hope someone from the site is going to the job fair so they can get some park update pics for midtown.

The job fair probably isn't going to give them a look at mid town.  They'll only get to see the parking lot and Red Gold Hall, not the rest of the park.  they won't be letting people just wander around without a good reason.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 03:43:56 PM »
sir Willow why are you noy working there any more
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 03:49:15 PM »

The job fair probably isn't going to give them a look at mid town.  They'll only get to see the parking lot and Red Gold Hall, not the rest of the park.  they won't be letting people just wander around without a good reason.

I'm not a mind reader, but I am guessing that this poster meant that they wanted someone to take photos of the hardware that is being stored on the backlot (where they are having the people park) and not of the actual Midtown itself. 

I'm surprised they didn't ask anyone to take photos of the painting tent that they have set up back there for Project 2018.  Who knows what might be sitting around it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:43:13 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »
sir Willow why are you noy working there any more

I also work as a pastor and a substitute teacher in my local school.  Long story short- when I asked to change my contract from a full time spot to a part time spot for Christmas and the next year they weren't willing/ able to accommodate that.  So I had to quit.  I could reapply and I'm sure they would hire me back, but I don't know how well that would work with my videos.  Could be a conflict of interest.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.