Author Topic: New Ride Attraction to Replace Water Chute  (Read 10796 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
New Ride Attraction to Replace Water Chute
« on: January 09, 2017, 07:09:26 PM »
I summed up the story here: http://sdcfans.com/cool-off-water-chute-being-torn-down-new-attraction-on-the-way/

This slipped by the planning commission meeting minutes without much fanfare until now. I'm curious to hear what they are cooking up. It's hard to speculate without knowing how much property they were actually able to acquire. If they got the slide, rental homes, and the old Clay Cooper theatre property then they'll have quite a chunk to work with. The water chute itself is pretty small. There's also plenty of empty land for sale around it that has sat vacant for years.

Still, the hill isn't so big that it could accommodate anything huge in the way of the typical zip-lines, alpine slides, and mountain coasters. They probably could cram some ziplines in, but there are already so many in Branson and these probably wouldn't be anything special. The fact that they are interested in a sling shot as well though could indicate they are looking into multiple rides for this attraction, similar to one of the Track parks...

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New Ride Attraction to Replace Water Chute
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 09:12:55 PM »
And that explains why after all these years, they demo'd the old theatre.. Obviously was part of this "deal".   
I will be watching this area through this winter and early spring to see what if anything is happening..

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 08:57:33 AM »
My family has been going to Branson since the 60's, but for one reason or another, we never went to the Cool Off Water Chute until 2015. When I heard it was up for sale, we decided we better give it a try. We went the last two summers and loved it! I'm sad to see it go. I love these types of "vintage" attractions, and hate that they are disappearing. Time marches on.  :(

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 08:06:02 AM »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 02:07:18 PM »
Here's an article with some more quotes: http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_383ed09e-f3ca-11e6-89a5-4b2b07c8e683.html

So they are going with a mountain coaster after all... but they claim it will be unique? The Runaway already incorporates everything you'd expect a mountain coaster to have and it has much better topography to work with. Not sure what this one will have to spice things up. It looks like it will have two lifts though. Judging from the logo with the track art it will use the same track technology? Not sure what they are getting at...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 08:49:02 PM »
If you haven't seen the layout for the new mountain coaster yet, we have it posted on our website now
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2017/03/the-branson-coaster.html

I really like how there is a lift midway through the course that takes you back up and sends you down the hill again in another direction.  There is another lift at the end of the ride -- and the ride starts right out the gate with a helix and then heads on down the hill.  It is supposed to open this summer and I cannot wait to take a spin.
SWOOSH

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 05:52:55 PM »
My kids are mad about the water slide being gone but I cant wait to ride this.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 08:26:23 PM »
My kids are mad about the water slide being gone but I cant wait to ride this.

I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I rode the water chute.  I think it might have been back in the 80s
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 08:14:14 AM »
It looks fun but also seems shorter than what I have seen of the other coaster on fall creek but they will be on the strip, this will help them. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 03:33:32 PM »
Yeah, I'm willing to give it a try, but I honestly think the best thing about this is simple competition with the other place to keep costs down. It's ridiculous paying $15 for a single ride, and then $10 for each consecutive trip. For the cost a few rides it's easier to just go to SDC and ride a bunch of rides all day. Going to a $10/$5 split would be much easier to swallow and would get me back again.

And I'm still curious about their claim to be unique with this... will it be as simple as a sightly different style and manufacturer, or something big?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 04:50:32 PM »
$15-16 is the normal price for all the ones I've ridden.
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 08:22:57 PM »
$15-16 is the normal price for all the ones I've ridden.

That's what I've seen as well.

the price doesn't seem to be stopping people from riding.  I took my son to the Branson one Thursday of last week and it had a 45 minute long line at 3:00!  They were kicking them out as quick as they could, but there were a lot of people there.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2017, 06:02:40 PM »
Finally seeing some steel on this project. see pics, lots of excavation going on still..  My pics dont show on the extreme west side of property there is a long drop all the way to the bottom, then i would guess that is the speed to start back uphill...   Will be back in 3 weeks, i am sure there will be much more to see,,,

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10210957237758430.1073741936.1578260143&type=3&uploaded=15

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2017, 10:09:59 AM »
New Pics from this weekend... this thing appears to have lots of feet of track!  It just goes and goes and goes..
Swoosh, Shave, us pics if you want to.

this is a FB link, so you will need to be signed onto FB

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10211288690964553.1073741940.1578260143&type=3

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 10:29:44 AM »
How tall is that tower, Sand? I guess I guess I'll have to drive down the strip to see it.