Author Topic: Flooded Mines 50th season, 2017  (Read 4612 times)

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Flooded Mines 50th season, 2017
« on: December 31, 2016, 12:42:09 PM »
I have a special request:  Please share/post any photos from the past to present of the Flooded Mine. I'm working on a book of my own photos, may include unique ones others may have. Opened in May 1968, 2017 will be it's 50th season!
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Flooded Mines 50th season, 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 09:25:12 AM »
We're searching for Candy Mine photos we have from Christmas 1993. 
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 08:23:07 PM »
I'm bumping this request. I never noticed until now how few photos I have of the interior of FM. Every camera I've had has been terrible at moving, dark, indoor shots.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 03:06:52 PM »
I'm bumping this request. I never noticed until now how few photos I have of the interior of FM. Every camera I've had has been terrible at moving, dark, indoor shots.

That's not the camera's fault. Cameras need light in order to take a photo, and if there isn't much, then they need to stay still while taking the exposure because it takes longer to get that photo.  It doesn't work if it's moving.  If you want a camera that can take a quick photo in a dark area, you're going to need an expensive lens with a wide aperature- an those lenses can often cost in the 1000's of dollars (think like what you see photographers at indoor sports events shooting with)

I'm getting ready to look at what I shot today and see if any of them came out or not.  But I have to say it looked wonderful when I rode today!  There has very obviously been a lot of time, work, and TLC put into FM during the off season and it shows.  You need to go take a ride (several!) on it this year.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 05:11:12 PM »
Rode it sat.  looks very good,
new uniforms,
new hanging underwear :o
new paint,
new fire buckets,
even the canaries looked healthy...LOL

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 10:34:02 AM »
I know I am late to this post. However, any success with your pictures sirwillow? I know you are the professional. ;D

On a side note, the Flooded Mine does look absolutely amazing! I was so surprised, and excited when I first saw all of the updates this year. I give huge props to tinmann620, and the gang over there at the Flooded Mine. Here is to another 50 seasons! ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:40:19 PM by Ozark Outlaw »

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 02:57:39 PM »
I'm the professional?  LOL, now that's frightening.  My equipment I have currently isn't great for that, but I did get a few photos back in March.  You can see what I got starting at
https://sirwillow.smugmug.com/Amusement-Parks-Roller/Mid-USA-TX-MO-OK-etc/Silver-Dollar-City-March-24-2017/i-dqFQwHd 

And then scroll forward.  There's about 25 photos, some decent, some barely ok, but you can see some of the work done in them.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 04:00:02 PM »
Great pictures, sirwillow! And yes, you are definitely the professional. Haha.

Despite the dark environment, you did a great job of capturing the action with as little motion blur as possible. Impressive! The colors in your pictures really pop. I have tried taking pictures on the Flooded Mine, but I end up having to use the flash on my camera. Needless to say, that "technique" totally washes out the mood lighting, and the ambiance. :P

I love the shot of the loading, and unloading operator working the control panel. What an interesting prospective! Keeping spoiling us rotten with your pictures please! :D

Sanddunerider came up with a great list of updated items. Does anyone else know of even more items on the ride that have been updated?

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 04:14:02 PM »
Great pictures sir, cant wait to ride this year!
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.