Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > SDC Memories/ Park History

Flooded Mines 50th season, 2017

(1/2) > >>

tinmann620:
I have a special request:  Please share/post any photos from the past to present of the Flooded Mine. I'm working on a book of my own photos, may include unique ones others may have. Opened in May 1968, 2017 will be it's 50th season!

Duelist:
We're searching for Candy Mine photos we have from Christmas 1993. 

shavethewhales:
I'm bumping this request. I never noticed until now how few photos I have of the interior of FM. Every camera I've had has been terrible at moving, dark, indoor shots.

sirwillow:

--- Quote from: shavethewhales on March 19, 2017, 08:23:07 PM ---I'm bumping this request. I never noticed until now how few photos I have of the interior of FM. Every camera I've had has been terrible at moving, dark, indoor shots.

--- End quote ---

That's not the camera's fault. Cameras need light in order to take a photo, and if there isn't much, then they need to stay still while taking the exposure because it takes longer to get that photo.  It doesn't work if it's moving.  If you want a camera that can take a quick photo in a dark area, you're going to need an expensive lens with a wide aperature- an those lenses can often cost in the 1000's of dollars (think like what you see photographers at indoor sports events shooting with)

I'm getting ready to look at what I shot today and see if any of them came out or not.  But I have to say it looked wonderful when I rode today!  There has very obviously been a lot of time, work, and TLC put into FM during the off season and it shows.  You need to go take a ride (several!) on it this year.

sanddunerider:
Rode it sat.  looks very good,
new uniforms,
new hanging underwear :o
new paint,
new fire buckets,
even the canaries looked healthy...LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version