Author Topic: 12/16/16 -- No Dickens performance, few rides  (Read 6388 times)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: 12/16/16 -- No Dickens performance, few rides
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 12:57:38 AM »
The normal actor who plays Bob Crachet had a medical emergency involving his wife.  They did not have an understudy for him at that time so they did not have any choice.  I know most of you were unaware of the situation but have a heart.  He and his wife had to spend Christmas Day in the hospital due to it.  I have been away so I have not heard an update on her but pretty sure it is no longer critical.

Last word I had from him was they are optimistic that she'll be home before New Years.  That was back on the 23rd.  As of tonight she's still in the hospital but recovering well.  Keep them in your prayers.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 02:00:28 PM »
The normal actor who plays Bob Crachet had a medical emergency involving his wife.  They did not have an understudy for him at that time so they did not have any choice.  I know most of you were unaware of the situation but have a heart.  He and his wife had to spend Christmas Day in the hospital due to it.  I have been away so I have not heard an update on her but pretty sure it is no longer critical.

Agreed,  its life, things happen..   

A christmas performance that has to be cancelled at the last minute..... NOT a life changing event...

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 01:51:21 PM »

I do have a heart but am curious -- they canceled all performances from 12/16 through Christmas day because of no understudy for Bob Cratchit? The day I went in which there was no Dickens was Friday 12/16. Or did they come up with an understudy after that date but the medical emergency with the people involved lasted through Christmas day?

Just trying to understand what happened and when.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 07:50:57 PM »

I do have a heart but am curious -- they canceled all performances from 12/16 through Christmas day because of no understudy for Bob Cratchit? The day I went in which there was no Dickens was Friday 12/16. Or did they come up with an understudy after that date but the medical emergency with the people involved lasted through Christmas day?

Just trying to understand what happened and when.

We went the 22nd and the understudy was present.  I think he started that week. 
SWOOSH