Author Topic: Day before Thanksgiving crowd levels?  (Read 2462 times)

Lreves

• View Profile
Day before Thanksgiving crowd levels?
« on: November 20, 2016, 08:50:34 AM »
Can anyone comment on what to expect crowd wise the day before Thanksgiving?  Will it be shoulder to shoulder people with hour plus waits for rides?  My husband and our three children are considering last minute trip from Houston area but don't want to be waiting in line for hours at a time for rides.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Day before Thanksgiving crowd levels?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 09:02:09 AM »
I think that would be a good day to attend. The weather is looking very nice Thanksgiving and the day after, sunny and pleasant, so the next few days will bring record crowds.  I was actually hoping it would rain Thanksgiving to keep the crowds down.

pintrader

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 09:48:58 AM »
Sounds like you are just worried about long lines for rides.   If that is the case then my best advice is to show up early.  The park opens at 1 o'clock that day so be there at 12:30 so you will be ready to head for the rides you want to ride the most.  You will have to deal with more people and longer lines the later you show up.  The whole secret is to show up EARLY.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 11:26:20 AM »
Wednesday and next Sunday will be the best days to go this week.
SWOOSH

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 01:37:38 PM »
For several years we went the day before Thanksgiving and then Thanksgiving night. The park was not crowded on the day before Thanksgiving.

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 01:12:28 PM »
My family has gone on the day before Thanksgiving ever since I was kid.  Years ago, the park was not at all crowded. Nowadays, it's a bit more crowded, but it's anywhere near peak attendance level. I agree that the park will be much, much busier the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving, and even Thanksgiving day itself.

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 08:15:54 AM »
I went yesterday because of reading this thread. Weather was cold and overcast and even a little rainy. Park was fairly packed. I got there about 2PM. I was going to be there right when they opened but traffic was horrible so I went to lunch first and came back. I was parked almost at the back of lot 3 at that point. It took 4 trams before I even got onboard. I mostly was just walking around as I had been earlier in the festival to see A Christmas Carol and was only going to really see It's a Wonderful Life. It looked like a sparse crowd at first but they ended up completely packing it and even used VIP seating up top. I left after that show (The 4:15 show) and the park was really crowded. Lot 5 was packed as well but not using lot 6 yet at that time.

Was not what I was expecting at all based on this thread and the weather

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 10:24:15 AM »
Wed's attendence?

a little over 11,000 people..