Author Topic: SDC Blacksmith  (Read 3665 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
SDC Blacksmith
« on: November 15, 2016, 08:06:43 AM »
I just read on Facebook that Wayne Rice, SDC blacksmith, had a stroke and is in ICU at Mercy Hospital.  The Hubs and I always make time to speak to Wayne. He's an interesting guy and always wears a red shirt.  If you know Wayne, please keep us updated on his progress.  Wayne, get well soon! We love you!

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Blacksmith
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 09:55:33 AM »
Wow!  Just saw and talked to him Saturday at the park.  Sad to hear.  Thinking of him and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 07:14:34 AM »
Wayne's wife was quoted on Facebook as saying that Wayne is in a "hurry up and wait game" right now.  Tests are being run, but she didn't have results yet. His arm has improved a bit, it isn't known yet about his leg, and his sugar is way too high.  Wayne is diabetic. Send your thoughts and prayers his way.  He's such an asset to SDC!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 09:36:19 AM »
Just saw him last Friday ourselves.  Wow.  Thanks for letting us know.  Will be praying for a speedy and complete recovery.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

dc_mpa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 11:03:36 PM »
What's the latest on Wayne?  Haven't heard anything since the heartbreaking news of his stroke.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 06:43:52 AM »
He had his "official" retirement party, last week. We now have a young girl, in his spot~
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 09:32:25 AM »
He had his "official" retirement party, last week. We now have a young girl, in his spot~

I was wondering if it was going to lead to his "retirement"  Sad, I'll miss seeing him out there.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 06:22:07 PM »
I saw him walking through the park with his wife a couple weeks ago.  I wanted to say "hello", but was walking in a crowded spot and didn't have the chance.  Great to know there will be a blacksmith, but I will miss that red shirt and the conversations between hubs and him.