Author Topic: The Festival of Wonder  (Read 1871 times)

HikerDan

The Festival of Wonder
« on: November 04, 2016, 08:47:32 AM »
Any topics already started on this?  Just "wondering" what this new spring fest at SDC is all about.

HikerDan

Re: The Festival of Wonder
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 08:52:01 AM »
never mind, I just found it on SDC's website...looks pretty interesting

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/2017

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 09:02:03 AM »
I will not attend this.  It looks like a side show festival, it appears to be a step down. 
This festival is held during school and should be geared to adults as much, if not more, than kids.  The world fest year by year eroded itself away but they had interesting food choices.   Edutainment that attracted adults.
I am not attracted by this type of side show entertainment.  We will see if this is a long lasting choice.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 09:57:56 AM »
I WILL! I've wanted to see William Close's Earth Harp since they were on America's Got Talent.  It was one of the best performances I've ever seen on that show. I'm so excited to learn of this!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERjE22bwFcA

HikerDan

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 09:43:00 AM »
I'll definitely visit at least twice during this new festival, and maybe more if my wife and I really enjoy some of these shows. All of these performers appear to be quite accomplished professionals and will likely entertain people of all ages.  Likely even more so for us adults

So it looks like there are four main performances which I'm assuming will all be in the city all four weekends of this fest.  So we'll likely have the Red Gold, Opera House, Playhouse, and at least one of the outdoor venues in use by these four entertainers/groups.  It would help this fest if SDC would also use the Gazebo and the remaining outdoor theater for some type of local performers or whatever.  And the Pickers at the Homestead.

If this is how this fest will happen, then I'd presume we would  be very pleased with our visits come next April. 

Leaving for the Old Time Christmas in a few minutes!  Not sure how long we will last in the city today, but we want to head down from Nixa and at least check things out for a few hours, or maybe more.  I don't think we'll make it to sundown, but ya never know.