Author Topic: Bigfoot sues man over review  (Read 4441 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Bigfoot sues man over review
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 07:57:15 AM »
I saw this yestarday on another fourm..   

I laugh.! 

IF the Bigfoot group is that worrried over 1 review of 3 stars, AND responds that way.. I am not interested in spending my money there.   I would also guess there stupid lawsuit and bad publicity will cost them more money and potential customers than the review would have...

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 05:07:48 PM »
I wonder what the other side of the story is. I doubt they simply freaked out over a three star review. Sounds like there is a personal drama going back and forth.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 05:51:47 PM »
Something fishy seems to be going on here, and a big part of the story seems to be missing.  I wonder what the real story is?

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 10:32:03 AM »
On another forum one of the comments said that the Bigfoot owners don't think the reviewers ever took a tour since the tours are $40 and not $10. The owners think the review was fake and are suing on that basis.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 05:41:36 PM »
On another forum one of the comments said that the Bigfoot owners don't think the reviewers ever took a tour since the tours are $40 and not $10. The owners think the review was fake and are suing on that basis.

The review is almost surely a fake.  They information they give about the prices and what they supposedly did on the tour are both obviously factually wrong for anyone who has been there.  Here's what I wrote in a couple of spots talking about it:

I don't think the lawsuit will help. If you've been to Bigfoot (I have) you will realize the problem isn't that it is a bad review. It is a blatantly false review. It's all a lie, from the cost to what you do. With that part being false that indicates that the story about the phone calls almost surely is as well. And I'm sure that is why they are suing. A fabricated, falsified review of lies is libel and slander. But people aren't going to see that. They are only going to see them suing over a bad review. That isn't what is happening but I think the suit will do more harm than good in the court of public opinion, which often doesn't pay enough attention to understand details like that
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 08:53:27 PM »
^^
All could be true...  Not wanting to start an argrument...   

What I wonder..
IF it is/was a bogus review, why did he rate it at 3 stars? instead of 1..
The quoted review is not "strongly" worded, or nasty...

IF I feel a negative review is merited,,,,  LOL.  Believe me!  it is negative.. :)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 09:18:57 AM »
^^
All could be true...  Not wanting to start an argrument...   

What I wonder..
IF it is/was a bogus review, why did he rate it at 3 stars? instead of 1..
The quoted review is not "strongly" worded, or nasty...

IF I feel a negative review is merited,,,,  LOL.  Believe me!  it is negative.. :)

Supposedly he originally gave it 3 stars then changed it to 1.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 09:36:32 PM »
For what it is worth Bigfoot seemed to have a good business Friday night.