Author Topic: Birthday's  (Read 3057 times)

tmacklin

• View Profile
Birthday's
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:17:06 PM »
Did you guys know that silver dollar city celebrate birthdays?!! and what do you usually get

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: Birthday's
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 07:51:11 AM »
I believe it's a button. Might be a ribbon. Last time I was there I saw them giving them out at the gazebo.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Gala

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:48:53 AM »
The SDC celebration for birthdays and anniversaries is a fun program with nice little perks. My husband and I were at SDC the day after our anniversary.

Stop in at the General Store for a button and list of goodies available throughout the park. As I recall, we got taffy at the General Store, kettle corn at one of the stands, peanut brittle at the candy store, and discounts at a couple of the shops.

The SDC staff throughout the park noted the buttons and wished us happy anniversary throughout the day.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 10:38:40 AM »
Very cool!  That was something they were just talking about and starting when I had to leave SDC.  At the time it was just ribbons.  Neat to hear that they've gone beyond that with the extras.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Gala

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 11:24:46 AM »
I think it's just part of their 2016 promotion, but I'm not positive about that.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 11:59:36 AM »
I remember in 2010, when SDC was celebrating its 50th, they were doing special promotions for those turning 50 that year or who were celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary. My in-laws celebrated their 50th anniversary that year, and they both got into SDC for free, along with some other goodies.

For the 50th celebration I think you had to either show your drivers license (for birthday proof) or your marriage certificate... my mom-in-law had to do some digging to find it! haha

I like what they have done this year with the buttons/ribbons and special perks, if you are there the day of (or maybe close to it). 
You have a great past just ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 03:39:16 PM »
The SDC celebration for birthdays and anniversaries is a fun program with nice little perks. My husband and I were at SDC the day after our anniversary.

Stop in at the General Store for a button and list of goodies available throughout the park. As I recall, we got taffy at the General Store, kettle corn at one of the stands, peanut brittle at the candy store, and discounts at a couple of the shops.

The SDC staff throughout the park noted the buttons and wished us happy anniversary throughout the day.

This was a 2016 promo...  NOT saying they wont do it again next year,,,,

tmacklin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 05:43:47 PM »
thanks everyone for the info! and i will be turning 16 next weekend on the 12th

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 08:26:50 PM »
thanks everyone for the info! and i will be turning 16 next weekend on the 12th

Happy Birthday a little early!  Enjoy your day in the park, and be sure to tell us about it.