Author Topic: The Branson Shuffle starts early  (Read 19190 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: The Branson Shuffle starts early
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2016, 09:48:44 AM »
With empty theatres I am surprised also.  Lots of other options, The Americana would have been a good one for them.

it's to small for them.  They need more seating and a bigger stage than what the Americana has.

What will be interesting is to see where AYO/ Voices of Glory end up, as Six/ Hughes Brothers will essentially be taking their time slots and splitting them between the two.  I can see them at the Americana if they can get someone else to share it with them.  Or a couple of the other theaters in town that need something.

Hate seeing RFD theater sitting empty.

It is a shame about RFD, But that is their owner..  HE doesnt care if it sits empty,,,

AYO?  maybe they will move to a morning slot at Hughes.. Or maybe morning 2 or 3 days, and afternoon when SIX isnt playing..  We dont know if hughes is going to afternoon slot, OR only 3 nights a week...  LOts of vague info out there on this move....  LOL...  hopefully answers will come in, inquiring minds want to know....

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2016, 10:36:59 AM »
Wait... Wuh???  Ok, had to drop over to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SixBros/?fref=ts
And they have the announcement there announcing the move and the times for next year.  In digging through the comments, you can see why.

Apparently Mickey Gilley has sold the theater (no surprise there) but it wasn't to the Knudsen's (that's a surprise, as I thought they had a plan in place for them to buy it).  And with the new owners coming in, that meant that SIX was out.  So they're going back to where they started.

I'm honestly shocked.  I thought that SIX was in the process of buying the theater from Gilley.  I wonder what happened to that plan and what caused it to fall through and go to other new owners instead.

Yes, I thought there was a big public announcement last year about Mickey Gilley selling his theater to the Knudsens. Does make you wonder what happened.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2016, 03:36:50 PM »

It is a shame about RFD, But that is their owner..  HE doesnt care if it sits empty,,,

AYO?  maybe they will move to a morning slot at Hughes.. Or maybe morning 2 or 3 days, and afternoon when SIX isnt playing..  We dont know if hughes is going to afternoon slot, OR only 3 nights a week...  LOts of vague info out there on this move....  LOL...  hopefully answers will come in, inquiring minds want to know....

One of the SIX brothers said on Facebook that they will be alternating afternoon and evening slots with the Hughes.  So except for Sundays when neither performs it will be one in the afternoon and the other in the evening every day.  So there won't be any afternoon slots open.

Hughes has another couple of shows in the morning, and that could change, but I don't see AYO moving to the morning when there are less people who watch.  They're popular enough that they are an afternoon show at the least, and maybe ready to take over an evening slot.  With SIX coming it, it looks like it leaves them out in the cold.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2016, 05:02:15 PM »
So Billy Dean announced He will be at Jim Stafford next year,,

Don Dyer will be at The Americana,

Janice Martin also moving to The Americana,  not sure if she will be in her own show (Which i doubt), or if she will with CL in the Patsy Cline Show.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2016, 08:23:30 AM »
Announced Yestarday that AYO will be at starlite theatre,,,   LOL. 

I wondered where they would land after Six moved to Hughes Brotheres,,,

Starlite is a nicer Venue anyway,,,

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2016, 01:13:24 PM »
I really enjoyed the Starlite when Liverpool Legends were there.  I thought it was the perfect venue for that show.  Are they even around anymore? 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2016, 01:17:15 PM »
I really enjoyed the Starlite when Liverpool Legends were there.  I thought it was the perfect venue for that show.  Are they even around anymore?

They had shows through mid november this year... Nothing on the website about 2017, but i would expect them back.  i think they draw pretty good crowds

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2016, 02:30:35 PM »

Good to know.  I figured they were going to have to move after the SIX announcement, but couldn't see them leaving.  Hopefully it'll be a good spot for them.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2016, 02:44:00 PM »

Good to know.  I figured they were going to have to move after the SIX announcement, but couldn't see them leaving.  Hopefully it'll be a good spot for them.

I would like to have been a fly on the wall with that discussion.... "Oh hey, Sorry, we are bringing in six, and keeping forever young, you will have to find someplace else to sing"....

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2016, 05:33:04 PM »
Found this link on 1branson.   summs up the moves on this years Branson Shuffle.....

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/entertainment/article_7d574132-c3ca-11e6-80b7-93bfc0e39232.html