Author Topic: The Branson Shuffle starts early  (Read 19188 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
The Branson Shuffle starts early
« on: October 01, 2016, 08:51:31 AM »
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_5c228690-8741-11e6-97b0-9f5f32c65cf4.html
 The Shuffle has started early.  Raiding the Country Vault is moving to Starlite Theater and #1 Hits of the 60's Moving to Clay Cooper Theater.  Looks like we are also losing a few Shows. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:52:35 AM by marolinesdad »
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: The Branson Shuffle starts early
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 02:49:49 PM »
LOL>  started earlier than that.. 

Barry Williams wont be back next year with his 70's Show...

was annunced that Hits of the 60's would be moving to Clay Cooper,  BUT i heard over the weekend that may not be written in stone..  Something about conflict of that show with the new Hot Rods and High Heel show....

Nothing about Patsy Cline relocating yet...

More to come....

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 10:24:39 PM »
So many shows, but none that I would actually drive and park to go see. If there was an actual district with walkable streets, bars, and other entertainment mixed in I might swing by a few shows just to do the full Branson experience, but I'm not going to drive into Branson and park at some random theater so I can see some no-name essentially perform karaoke with crappy country music.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 07:14:26 AM »
So many shows, but none that I would actually drive and park to go see. If there was an actual district with walkable streets, bars, and other entertainment mixed in I might swing by a few shows just to do the full Branson experience, but I'm not going to drive into Branson and park at some random theater so I can see some no-name essentially perform karaoke with crappy country music.

Agree, I believe the days of Branson shows is slowly ending. Seems like there are more empty buildings and less choices every year.  I hate to see people preform other peoples music or Karaoke as you say.   

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »

(Slow...clap)...exactly....Branson needs to figure out how to change it's image.  That model is going to die with the baby boom generation that is already starting to die out.  Watching karaoke shows and talent shows is not entertaining anymore....more specifically the idea of them going to Branson and spending a week or weekend just watching these shows day after day and night after night is a laughable.  Branson needs more interactive stuff and personal experience entertainment....give them opportunities to do something and take selfies.....not to just sit and watch.  I'm not hating on any of the shows, talent, or fans of those shows....it's just a part of Branson I know helped built the town but I'm just calling out what I'm seeing.

Branson still has a lot going for it....Between SDC, the outdoor activities, shopping, some of the new attractions are great....it's still positioned to be a great getaway place for families.  They just need to update the music entertainment and respectfully back away from the "Hillibilly Music Capital" stuff.

It's nuts to me that Branson doesn't have a modern amp or arena to bring in mid to major tours/acts?  NWA is getting better concerts that Branson regularly now.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 10:05:44 PM »
Once I read the Spirit of 76 project, I said, Finally they are realizing that the country crap isnt working anymore because more teens are coming now than old people. They need to update everything and bring in stuff young people would like.

Shave, there is a place to walk along most streets in Branson including 76. It is called a sidewalk, even though it isnt very wide and a bit too close the road. The insane thing is theyre just now thinking about making more places to walk across 76 since there arent many lights.

Cant they use the Grand Palace, RFD, Branson Landing, or Branson Convention Center for big concerts?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:11:41 PM by Laroy »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 09:16:05 AM »

Cant they use the Grand Palace, RFD, Branson Landing, or Branson Convention Center for big concerts?

They can, also the Mansion a great venue...
RFD charging too  much,  thats why the haygoods  pulled out 3 years ago,
and more recently foxworthy, and cable guy will be at andy williams this year.. 
Therefore, RFD will be dark again in 2017

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 11:07:43 AM »
Once I read the Spirit of 76 project, I said, Finally they are realizing that the country crap isnt working anymore because more teens are coming now than old people. They need to update everything and bring in stuff young people would like.

I don't believe it's the country "crap" that turns everyone off, including young people, as witnessed by the billions of dollars they spend on music and videos every year. Most of the Branson shows aren't country.  And those old people?  They're the ones that can afford to spend money in Branson, and that often includes bringing and paying for families and young people. I doubt those teens are planning a week's vacation that cost upwards of $1,000. Those are the people that Branson needs to target?  If more teens than old people are coming, I haven't noticed it, and let's hope they are supervised.

Shave, there is a place to walk along most streets in Branson including 76. It is called a sidewalk, even though it isnt very wide and a bit too close the road. The insane thing is theyre just now thinking about making more places to walk across 76 since there arent many lights.

It's called a sidewalk?  I've always wondered about that...thanks for filling us in.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 01:24:19 PM »

I don't believe it's the country "crap" that turns everyone off, including young people, as witnessed by the billions of dollars they spend on music and videos every year. Most of the Branson shows aren't country.  And those old people?  They're the ones that can afford to spend money in Branson, and that often includes bringing and paying for families and young people. I doubt those teens are planning a week's vacation that cost upwards of $1,000. Those are the people that Branson needs to target?  If more teens than old people are coming, I haven't noticed it, and let's hope they are supervised.

It's called a sidewalk?  I've always wondered about that...thanks for filling us in.

The sidewalks in Branson if you can call them that are terrible. They are a accident waiting to happen. A mix of off camber cracked Asphalt and buckling concrete with on continuous patch. I've tried running on them before and it is a hazard. 76 needs a complete redo. I do believe the days of shows or at least the number they have is on the decline. But, more modern attractions like Fritzes and The Coaster and Ziplines will pull in the younger crowd. Branson is changing slowly. You probably will see more old Theatres come down in the future.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 09:06:46 PM »
It is FINALLY starting to catch up with Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 10:37:58 PM »
Sidewalks terrible? Oh please, Kim Kardashian...  ::) They are a bit too close to the road and may have some cracks in them (you know how many people are afraid of coming across a crack anywhere) but they are still okay to walk on. They get you from point A to point B by walking. What more could you want? A dance club the whole way? I have never seen a sidewalk that is slanted like Grandpas Mansion. It is easy to find cracks outside in most areas, especially sidewalks. Earthquakes and fracking cause the most cracks. A terrible sidewalk would be 1 that isnt really a sidewalk at all: No cement or anything lining where to walk, overgrown grass or tree limbs, or most of the sidewalk being in the street.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:56:39 PM by Laroy »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 11:29:38 PM »
Sidewalks terrible? Oh please, Kim Kardashian...  ::) They are a bit too close to the road and may have some cracks in them (you know how many people are afraid of coming across a crack anywhere) but they are still okay to walk on. They get you from point A to point B by walking. What more could you want? A dance club the whole way? I have never seen a sidewalk that is slanted like Grandpas Mansion. It is easy to find cracks outside in most areas, especially sidewalks. Earthquakes and fracking cause the most cracks. A terrible sidewalk would be 1 that isnt really a sidewalk at all: No cement or anything lining where to walk, overgrown grass or tree limbs, or most of the sidewalk being in the street.

Then you have not walked Bransons sidewalks much have you? Terrible shape. Off camber and dangerous.

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2016, 09:01:43 AM »
I have to agree with Runner... The sidewalks in most section are not wide enough to handle more than 2 people walking side by side. And in many sections, especially in the White Water area, they are crowned. I always am very careful when walking there as when you have to move over to let people walking the other way by it can get sketchy quickly

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2016, 01:45:35 PM »
Yeah, Laroy, not to pile on or anything, but also heavily disagree.

For reference, here's an interesting example section of 76 on street view: https://www.google.com/maps/@36.6379168,-93.2782025,3a,60y,295.97h,77.75t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sZFn4fU2Yzh03tzwNO-k1Uw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

You can't even tell what's sidewalk and what is street in most areas, and there are so many curb-cuts going into parking lot that most of the time you are dodging cars careening off of the road. It's almost insulting to anyone not in a car. The new section at Pasghetti's is just slightly more pedestrian friendly with larger walkways, highlighted (for what it's worth) crossings, and even some interesting interaction with the new Pasghett's building (again, for what it's worth considering that building and the meatball look like ass).

So you know what I, and most people, have always done? We drive right by. Maybe someday I'll stop at ONE of these attractions, but unlike most other cities I visit I'm not going to park and walk around to do several things at once. Making districts walkable is just plain vital to business these days.

But we've hashed that out before. The reason I brought that up in the first place is because these theatres are the ones that should be pushing for it more than they are. They can keep shuffling all they want, but they'd do ten times the business no matter who is performing if Branson had an actual "district" vibe where people visited for the weekend to park and wander around.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 03:22:09 PM »
All the big name entertainers seem to have left Branson in the past several years.  Nobody really big time left anymore