Author Topic: Corporation Days  (Read 4410 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Corporation Days
« on: September 18, 2016, 01:26:41 PM »
Our next trip to the City will be October 15th - 16th.  Does anyone know if there is a Corporation Day planned for those dates? ie Cox Health Day, etc.  Thanks
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Corporation Days
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:12:22 PM »
Cox is usually always the Saturday of Country Music Weekend.  The next major event is media day for Christmas
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 07:23:15 PM »
Thanks!  SDC really needs to let the general public know when they have those kind of days scheduled.  It would cause their PR a lot less grief in the long run.
I'm Your Huckleberry

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 08:00:10 PM »
Thanks!  SDC really needs to let the general public know when they have those kind of days scheduled.  It would cause their PR a lot less grief in the long run.

Nope....that will never happen....they are never going to 'advertise' things like that that could cause people not to come.  They don't spend much space or time advertising people about young christians weekend either....they know it keeps aways more people then it adds in.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 08:01:19 PM »

Cox's day was absolutely no problem at all.  Only at lunchtime was there a crowd at food counters.  All rides were operating with multiple vehicles.  Even TGS was swinging with both arms.  These are the days they seem to have all hands on deck.

They would never announce such a thing to the GP as it would only discourage attendance. 
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 10:44:41 AM »
Saturday, September 24th will be another busy day.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 12:58:18 PM »
Oooo, how about Friday the 23rd? That's when I'm gonna be there.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 08:13:06 PM »

Cox's day was absolutely no problem at all.  Only at lunchtime was there a crowd at food counters.  All rides were operating with multiple vehicles.  Even TGS was swinging with both arms.  These are the days they seem to have all hands on deck.

They would never announce such a thing to the GP as it would only discourage attendance.

I've never been on something like the Cox Health Days.  As Season Pass Holders we can always make it back for another visit but according to past posts in the Trip Reviews threads and comments on SDC's Facebook page they get a lot of complaints on extremely busy days.  Thus my comment that they might forewarn that a day may be particularly busy.  i know they used to list dates like that on the season passes- ie days you may want to avoid because of very large crowds.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 09:37:11 PM by Duelist »
I'm Your Huckleberry

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 09:12:49 PM »
That was a nice list.  I had forgotten they did that.  I would imagine there would be too many dates to list in this day and age.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 09:45:46 PM »
Saturday, September 24th will be another busy day.

Thanks Copper!  I'm sure a lot of Saturdays till the end of the year will be busy ones with hopefully cooler weather and school in session during the week. 
I'm Your Huckleberry

historybowler

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 08:40:00 AM »
Tomorrow is Mercy Day at SDC and the base is at the Opera House, so that area might get more crowded than usual.