Author Topic: New Belle Survey  (Read 8512 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
New Belle Survey
« on: August 11, 2016, 06:57:38 PM »
Three concepts:

Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New Belle Survey
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 08:27:09 PM »
I think the country theme will narrow their audience.  There's a lot of prospective customers that aren't into country and wouldn't want to pay for a cruise full of country music.  Me included!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 08:35:54 PM »
It would make sense to rotate shows, but I agree that a "Country only" show will alienate a lot of people.  The Broadway style show might be more on point.  A variety show would be better than all 3 options
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 08:48:42 PM »
The first concept is the current model.  The second is original, capitalizes on the fact that it's a boat, and has the potential to be original and unique.  I can get a country tribute show in a land show.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 11:14:38 PM »
No mention of food at all

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 12:17:36 AM »
Food was also in the survey, seating arrangements, and more.  My wife took the survey, so I didn't really look at most of it, but I grabbed the three concepts.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 12:25:15 PM »
I might , and might is a great big if only on concept # 2.  I never have been a fan of the Variety type shows you see in Branson. Shiny suits and all. Something along the lines of a musical with a story, Yeeee maybe. # 3 with the country is a definite no.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 01:39:23 PM »
When I say "variety show" I am thinking Lawrence Welk style.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 01:51:06 PM »
^You don't think that's what it is now?

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 02:17:08 PM »

I think of most of the Branson type shows where they have a emcee and send out different singers, comedy acts and the like. I never watched Lawrence Welk though so maybe we are talking about the same type show.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 07:54:47 PM »
#1 is now and it is great. #2 would probably be boring. Sounds like Broadway thing, which I consider to be as boring as Lawrence Welk, which is mostly old country. #3 No, Id be outside on the deck the whole show, or I wouldnt buy tickets. I come to the Showboat to see a great variety show and thats what I get this year. Im not going to Dixie Stampede. Seating is fine now. They could switch it around. Im not sure how they could switch the seating but I dont think they could make it bad. Food is already great, not sure how it could be better. I have not found many people who share the same interests as me, like hating country, and I never thought I would. Besides the show they have now, I would like a pirate show that isnt so child-ish.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 08:03:58 PM by Laroy »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 09:00:13 PM »

None of the above

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 02:04:07 PM »
Besides the show they have now, I would like a pirate show that isnt so child-ish.

I'm pretty sure the pirate show was meant to be childish!   :o

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 09:51:26 AM »
Everyone has opinions... I guess I am the only one that liked the full on 90's country show with the option for acoustic show on the deck option. Table Rock is beautiful and other than the halftime, the boat really doesn't even implement it into the experience. Having the option to go out to the deck and listen to music also sounds like an experience you can't much get elsewhere

I have not been to this year's show. My girlfriend took her girls when we moved to Springfield in July but I was working so couldn't go. She said it was OK and the girls liked it well enough. She and I had went last fall and for the first time I think we did not go to the deck after eating and not return. We are not big on the religious or patriotic pandering done anywhere - especially at Branson shows.

My biggest complaint at both the Branson Belle and Dixie Stampede revolves around the pictures they take on entry. This is such an outdated and wasteful process. Almost everyone has a camera on their phone that is as good or better than the cameras used for the pictures. Making people pose for the obviously posed shot and then trying to sell them to you  is ridiculous. If people want pictures, they will take them. We usually skip this process entirely but we had a run in last year where the employee tried to insist that we HAD to take a picture to get on the boat which I promptly contested and we finally just walked in after arguing with this girl for a bit. It just slows down the whole process and maybe 1 out of 50 people buy the pictures but they print out every one. Such a waste

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2016, 02:09:07 PM »

I pretty sure Welk is the pinnacle of entertainment....lol  That show is amazing....amazing to think about what used to entertain us...lol

I've never had any desire to go on the Belle....I sort of get it....but doesn't seem much more different than going to a dinner and/or show on the strip....but probably more expensive and more inconvenient to park.  Hard to take a short trip on a boat and not go fishing or swimming for me....what's the point?

I just don't see the 'younger' crowd (my age (38) and younger) really caring too much about those options....thought i might bring in the older crowds if that is what they are looking for.

If they stick with the dinner/show thing I would recommend that focus on making sure the food is top notch(I have no idea if its good now)....maybe add some type of gimmick to the menu (throw rolls?, pick your catfish from the lake?, etc)....and I'd recommend a 'reality game show' type of presentation....think "Americas Got Talent Live" with heavy interaction with the audience.  Create plenty of 'social app' moments for everyone to share. 

I full gimmick 1880's riverboat would be my other recommendation....but that wouldn't be complete without real poker and some dancing girls....probably not going to happen.

Just my 2 cents on the Belle....
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"