Author Topic: Dogwood Canyon  (Read 2698 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Dogwood Canyon
« on: August 11, 2016, 01:16:33 PM »
I stopped by Dogwood Canyon for a quick run-through on my way back last night. I got there at like 6 and they close at 7, so the lady actually let me in for free just to take a peek. I'll definitely be coming back at some point, it's a very interesting and beautiful place.

It's definitely kind of a manicured nature experience in a lot of ways - the grounds are regularly mowed, and it looks like the waterfalls are somewhat artificial? Nonetheless, it's done really well, and there are some interesting attractions such as the Mill, small museum, and a treehouse built by that guy from the Discovery channel. The fishing looks really good, although the area where you can actually do it without paying for a guide is pretty limited. I think the main thing to do is either take a tour on one of their little pulled trams, or bike through the place like a lot of people apparently do.

Kind of a pain to get to, but if you are coming from the West through Arkansas, it's worth working into a trip.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Dogwood Canyon
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 05:02:44 PM »
Woah woah woah. There's a treehouse by Pete Nelson at Dogwood Canyon? Okay, so now I HAVE to go there. I am OBSESSED with Treehouse Masters.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 07:07:23 PM »
Woah woah woah. There's a treehouse by Pete Nelson at Dogwood Canyon? Okay, so now I HAVE to go there. I am OBSESSED with Treehouse Masters.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 03:05:14 AM »
Oh wow, it's beautiful! I hate that I'm behind on that show. But I just don't watch TV all that much when I'm at home; most of my live-TV watching happens when I'm visiting my sister. LOL

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 12:57:23 PM »
It seems like a read an article on Dogwood Canyon a few years ago.  I think most of the land features, creeks, etc. are artificial.  It does look nice, though.