Author Topic: Magic Springs  (Read 12922 times)

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Springs
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 08:00:19 PM »
I learned  a new perks and it's something new this season with any Premier Managed park is that you can visit any of their parks with you season pass for Free. It is a one time visit to each park.  Your season pass will give you unlimited visits to your home park naturally.    I have a Frontier City pass since it just down the street from me.  But I do plan on going to Elitch Gardens and Magic Springs this summer.  You know Get more bang out of season pass.    Here is the list of parks you can visit on your Season Pass this is my response from Frontier City when I FB messaged them.

Hi Kevin! Your Season Pass will admit you into each of our sister parks one time. They include:

Wild Waves Theme & Waterpark (Seattle, WA); Magic Springs Theme & Waterpark (Hot Springs, AK); Waterworld California (Concord, CA); Myrtle Waves (Myrtle Beach, SC); Clementon Park & Splash World (Clementon, NJ); Darien Lake (Buffalo, NY); Elitch Gardens (Denver, CO); Nashville Shores Waterpark (Nashville, TN); Ocean Breeze Waterpark (Virginia Beach); Rapids (West Palm Beach, FL); Wet‘n’Wild Hawaii; Wet‘n’Wild Palm Springs; Wet‘n’Wild Phoenix; Wet‘n’Wild Splashtown (Houston, TX); and Wet‘n’Wild (Toronto, Ontario)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2017, 07:55:58 AM »
I 'll remember this as I was looking to hit Elitch Gardens next year ad part of a greater Yellowstone trip. It includes visiting an old Celebration City Coaster that's 7,000 high now in Glenwood.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 08:31:46 AM »
Thanks for sharing this tip! That might actually make it worthwhile for me to get a pass since I'll probably head down to MS sometime this year.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 11:46:50 AM »
thats a great little bonus....    a free day to check out another location... ;D

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 06:41:50 PM »
Monday Rachae and I ventured to Magic Springs. We used that new perk with our Frontier City pass. This goes for any Premier family of managed parks like this season a one time Free visit to any of their 15 other sister parks spread out across North America.
Magic Springs anything you heard bad about the park those people must be haters. This park is AWESOME!! It's not a true theme park. It's themeing is based on the mountains features of Arkansas. The Hot Springs area. They do it top notch the landscaping and how it's incorporated with the rides and the terrain of the area. It just stunning the Garden feel you get with this park. This park is two separate parks Magic Springs and Crystal Springs. Crystal Springs which is majority takes up majority of the park. Is a Top notch water park with quite a few way to get wet. They have a pool tucked away in just about any nook and cranny the area they use for a water park. Anywhere to High Thrill slides to leisure activity pool for different ages in your family. Well taken care and cared for water park.
The park we focused on because of our time restraint was the the dry side of the park Magic Springs the ride side. They don't have a large variety of rides. Their Coaster lineup packs a punch pretty decent for a small park. They do have a variety of rides available for all ages just not entirely a large quantity number of rides. We rode the coaster that was a given my favorite was actually Gauntlet I was wary about riding this coaster do to the fact Vekoma SLC have a bad reputation for being rough. I took the advice off online groups to keep your head to one side I chose laying my head on the left side of the restraint. It actually made the coaster fun to ride I didn't get my head jerked around like the people who talk negative about the ride. By doing that little tip the coaster was fun I warranted myself for a second ride. X Coaster: Now I've ridden numerous coaster in my life and for the first time in my life I was actually scared while I was riding. SO YES I LOVED THIS COASTER!!! What scared me is there is no seat belt your strapped in with a arm that wraps around your Torso. No over the shoulder restraints or seat belts. Your trust is in that arm holding you why you are upside down on the coaster. So yes I was scared knowing I'm a pretty hefty guy and was in the big boy seat. The coaster has a big boy seat for larger framed guests. It the very last seat on the right side of the car. So X coaster is a true Thrill ride and I highly recommend riding this coaster there is only two in the world the other one is over seas. The other 3 coaster Big Bad John great family coaster mine train that takes you out along the mountain side in the trees. Arkansas Twister really fun wooden coaster but sit in the middle your going shake it like a salt shaker while your zipping along the track. Then their is a Junior family coaster called Diamond Mine Run for a little coaster it has a fun little track they run you twice through. Very fun. So would give the park a 8 on a scale of 10 with their coasters.
The rest of the parks rides are pretty decent you have two water rides Plummet Summet a Hopkins Splash down and Old #2 Logging Co. Log flume ride. Hawk a Zamperla tomahawk style ride, Antique Cars, bumper cars, swinging boat ride, Carousel and handful of kids rides. The name still gets me with the log ride. When you put "#2" and "Log" in the same sentence just grabs my attention. LOL I didn't ride the Hawk just because Zamperla rides are not made for larger framed guests the computer from what I found out on Zamperla rides
limits are made for guests under 260lbs. They have seat censors. The Log Flume ride has a moving station is very handy I wish Frontier City would implement one in the off season. It helps move the line. The ride itself is fairly short log flume but it was extremely smooth Log flume ride. I didn't ride Summit Plummit because I'm not a fan of walking around the park with sloshy feet. The rest of the rides were nice I liked the gas powered antique cars the Ozark Taxi Co. Those were quick and I saw something Frontier City should do at their park with pallets in Renegade Rapids.
Operations at the park were a little slow but most of the time that was due to people not listening to the ride operators. They have the one who operates the board the other that works the queue line. The queue line person measures each child that is about to board making sure they are the correct height. Then that queue person goes over the coaster rules for each end of the coaster take a about 3-4 minutes. Then once your seated they check your restraints. That is where the slow down happens that park has a lot of GP that don't listen. So it gets interesting. At this park you cannot have any loose items on you No Sun Glasses, Glasses, Hats etc. on any of the rides. They either be left in the bins provided or left with a non rider. So there was a lot of times someone would have on their glasses or hats and the operators would have to start the loading process again with the rules. Every single coaster there was always that one person who mucked up the loading times. So there is a good chance you may have a 5-6 minute dispatch time. That is a lot of time.
The Park is beautifully landscaped it will drop your jaw how good the landscaping is throughout the park. You actually feel you have escaped reality it just amazing what they have done with incorporating the Wild native lands with rides and water attractions. Restrooms and over all cleanliness of the park it was a 10 the restrooms were clean and well kept the park was well maintained. Theme-ing of the park it was a 8 there is not one true theme it mainly based off the geographic area of the state. Overall visual of the park I give it a 10. Maybe a nine because there was a few confident folks who were proud of their bodies. Liked to walk around displaying what some wouldn't want to see...MORE power to them.
Last but not least staffing they were AWESOME...Very professional and friendly. Ride operators very interactive with the guests. I had an employee while we were walking asked how we were doing and offered to take our photo. They were not one of those park photographers to get your picture. Just a teen working one of the games.Speaking of photo booth operators we actually bought a ride photo at the log ride the guy was funny and very friendly and I liked to take candid photos. No boring photo with me. The food staff was what you would expect with any theme park they were professional but not WOW! The lady working one stand who was having trouble with her credit card machine suggested to get drinks at a nearby food stand.
Overall I would give the park 9 out of 10. I don't like to give a perfect score because Yes there is always room for improvement. They don't have much to do to be a perfect park. Hats off too Magic Springs

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 06:47:35 AM »
People were stuck on the X Coaster on Monday.

http://www.ktlo.com/2017/07/25/riders-stuck-on-arkansas-roller-coaster-rescued/

The article has a picture of the ride.

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 04:42:25 PM »
I'm in Hot Springs for work and was planning on checking out Magic Springs this evening.  It's half price after 4.  This latest debacle with X Coaster changed my plans as it was the only coaster I was interested in.  Guess I will just have to go play slots tonight instead.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 06:16:22 PM »
 That's a old photo of the coaster the ride in the lower right the tower ride was removed last season and sent to Wild Waves in Seattle.  Is this story from a reputable source the date and story can easily be changed.   
I'm in Hot Springs for work and was planning on checking out Magic Springs this evening.  It's half price after 4.  This latest debacle with X Coaster changed my plans as it was the only coaster I was interested in.  Guess I will just have to go play slots tonight instead.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 09:08:41 PM »
X Coaster seems to get stuck from time to time... I think that is a major reason why they never sold many of these things. The others have also gotten stuck, and it's always a big media deal because you always get stuck at the very top upside down. Some people can actually get really hurt being stuck like that for very long...

I'm glad you liked the park though Kemot. Let's hope they add something for next year. It has some similarities to Frontier City, but with less than half the rides. I'd love to see something like a frisbee variant.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 10:14:30 PM »
 Sorry, I saw the news reports on ABCnews. The photo the radio station showed is old the riders this time were stuck sitting back in a more comfortable position then being stuck upside down.  I've been stuck on coasters before I know every single park Large or small rides do get stuck. I know they get stuck for safety reason.  I saw an awesome video that came out from Warner Brothers Movie World this past spring.  I think every single news media outlet should watch this video.  Yes Shave!  I hope Premier Parks now having the parks they manage under new ownership with a more amusement Industry driven company in EPR adds decent attractions to their parks next season.  Here is the link to that video.  I don't know if It will share.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A5NEzeqGmk

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 12:26:48 AM »
X Coaster seems to get stuck from time to time... I think that is a major reason why they never sold many of these things. The others have also gotten stuck, and it's always a big media deal because you always get stuck at the very top upside down. Some people can actually get really hurt being stuck like that for very long...

I'm glad you liked the park though Kemot. Let's hope they add something for next year. It has some similarities to Frontier City, but with less than half the rides. I'd love to see something like a frisbee variant.

If I won a huge PowerBar jackpot and I needed a tax write off and bought Magic Springs here's what I would do. Add a water coaster tower for waterpark with an action/wave river around and through the base and new Style Vekoma Trains for the boomerang.

But I'd set for this with the wave river around the base

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:07:56 AM by chittlins »

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 03:33:30 PM »
Magic Springs is adding a Larson Super Shot Drop tower 200ft. tall.  It will have some amazing views especially in the fall.  Glad they are investing back into the dry side of the park.  They need too after taking two of their rides out of the park back in 2016.  Glad they made this investment. 

Here is what they posted on FB this morning with two photos:

"Did you hear the news? Magic Springs is getting a new ride in 2018 - "Brain Drain". A 12 story tall drop tower ride. It's going to be awesome!"   

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 06:47:32 PM »
That's great news. It means they are going to keep the dry side around after all. It sounded like they actually got some big crowds during their halloween event, so I guess the realized that there's some potential there after all. Now if we can get them to do some maintenance on the coasters the park would be worth traveling too again. I'll bet they will add a set of flyers for next year. Just a few flats will bring them back to a full park again.

I notice they hyped this up as the start of their "flash sale" for season passes, and FC has a similar flash sale starting next monday...

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2017, 11:12:07 PM »
It will be interesting yeah and I  agree some added flats to this park will help turn this park around. and Yes they do need to work on the coasters. Like get that second train on Gauntlet back in working order not just sitting on the track. I think along with Frontier City I heard they will also be doing a Holiday event at Magic Springs like what is being added at Frontier City.   Frontier City has a FB page that is either ran by somebody that works at the park or the park itself.  It caters to the Latin market in Oklahoma. The page main focus is on Frontier City but it does cover a lot of other facilities like the OKC Zoo, Myriad Gardens, Wheeler Ferris Wheel, State Fair.  This morning that page advertised the flash sale but the wording of the flash sales looks like they are going to make an announcement.  So I'm curious The FB page is called Aventuras Oklahoma .