General Category > Other Parks

Magic Springs

(1/8) > >>

shavethewhales:
I finally made it down to Magic Springs last week. I posted a photo TR and review on TPR: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72237

Basically I was really impressed with how they fixed up the place, but man, most of the coasters need some work. Premier/CNL seem kinda like the house flippers of the amusement industry. They put a lot of work into general things and surface appearance, but don't take time to understand the underlying issues with the main attractions. I guess they kind of are property flippers though since they've been trying to sell them off for the right price.

I sure hope they keep Arkansas Twister around. That was half the reason for driving down there. It's a fun ride despite being absolutely crazy rough and shaky. It won't survive running like this for much longer though, so either it gets fixed up this off season or it gets the axe.

chittlins:

--- Quote from: shavethewhales on August 08, 2016, 05:00:14 PM ---I finally made it down to Magic Springs last week. I posted a photo TR and review on TPR: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72237

Basically I was really impressed with how they fixed up the place, but man, most of the coasters need some work. Premier/CNL seem kinda like the house flippers of the amusement industry. They put a lot of work into general things and surface appearance, but don't take time to understand the underlying issues with the main attractions. I guess they kind of are property flippers though since they've been trying to sell them off for the right price.

I sure hope they keep Arkansas Twister around. That was half the reason for driving down there. It's a fun ride despite being absolutely crazy rough and shaky. It won't survive running like this for much longer though, so either it gets fixed up this off season or it gets the axe.

--- End quote ---

The Water Park is solid, news a new addition like a water coaster though .

The setting is nice

This park would be idea to try the small to medium Euro model that you are seeing at places like Toverland, Furup Sommerland, Plops de Panne and so on.

The summer concert series is a huge draw for this park as well as huant season and that's why I think you'll still see some dry side stuff. Otherwise, why put in the sky coaster to seasons ago for an upchange.

This would be a great park for solid but low cap rides like a Mack Custom Spinner or a Vekoma Family suspended or a small train Gravity Group coaster like Wooden Warrior or Switchback.

coasterdad:

--- Quote from: shavethewhales on August 08, 2016, 05:00:14 PM ---I finally made it down to Magic Springs last week. I posted a photo TR and review on TPR: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72237

--- End quote ---

isn't there woody the same one that used to be at circus world outside of Orlando?If it is that was the first coaster I ever rode in the 80s  when I was about 7 years old. and the one that started a lifetime love of all things coaster

chittlins:

--- Quote from: coasterdad on August 09, 2016, 04:29:58 PM ---

--- End quote ---

isn't there woody the same one that used to be at circus world outside of Orlando?If it is that was the first coaster I ever rode in the 80s  when I was about 7 years old. and the one that started a lifetime love of all things coaster

--- End quote ---

Yes, I rode it when that park was Boardwalk and Baseball.

chittlins:
Got a new owner, an REIT based out of Kansas City bought CNL Lifestyle's theme and water park portfolio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version