Author Topic: Youtube video about the train robbers at SDC  (Read 11150 times)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Youtube video about the train robbers at SDC
« on: August 05, 2016, 10:57:33 PM »
If this is in the wrong place, or inappropriate, then mods please don't hesitate to move or delete it.

One of the things I've been doing over the summer has been a series of videos telling stories about my time working at theme parks- 3 years at SDC along with working at Walt Disney World and Busch Gardens Tampa as well.  My most recent video is focused more on SDC, and I thought that some here might enjoy it.  I call it "10 things to give a train robber" and it talks about some of the good things to give a robber that can make the stop more fun.  You can find it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHIDaX93z8w

I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback.  There are a couple of other videos talking specifically about my time at SDC as well among the others I've made.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:59:37 PM by sirwillow »
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube video about the train robbers at SDC
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 07:57:18 AM »
I usually give a penny if I can find 1 in my wallet fast enough. I have seen people give $1s, trash, and candy. My favorite thing people give them is popcorn. Lol

dkparks

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 08:37:57 PM »
Once I found out the money you gave goes to SDC's charity, I usually give them all the change I have in my pocket. I like his comment about the small wrapped candy. I will do that also next time.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 07:09:20 AM »
We usually give up a dollar just for appriciation of enjoying the robbery & train ride itself. Now we know where it goes.
Great video sirwillow!
Live life like it's the last day!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 09:26:52 AM »
A cute video...back in my time on park, I never heard of robbers getting more than a penny, nickel, or dime. I did hear that once in a while someone would pour part of a Coke on them, which they did not appreciate at all.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 04:11:53 PM »
Loved the video and just spent the past hour or so watching your other videos. I'm a big theme park buff (SDC and Disney specifically) so I really enjoy the backstage and behind the scenes stories. Please keep it up!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 07:27:42 PM »
If you work in a theme or amusement park, you're probably familiar with some of this.  If not, here's more reasons why some of us love it so much- the perks!!

https://youtu.be/-VT8BVNeyWM
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 06:52:26 PM »
I was really surprised to hear that SDC employees get free admission to WOF, SFSTL, and Holiday World. Please keep the videos coming!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 01:52:16 PM »
My newest episode is live.  It's focus is on Disney World, but trust me the people working at SDC deal with the same kinds of things all the time.  Hope you enjoy and get a good laugh or two out of it.
https://youtu.be/yPhUgvAXlU8

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 11:49:49 AM »
Posted a couple more videos in the last week.  Again, both are focused more on Disney World, but might be fun for you as well.

Last week's was some tricks that we used to help get guests to smile as they came in the park and for photos, along with a nice story (some tricks that I wish Digiphoto at SDC would learn instead of bugging the guests)
https://youtu.be/i_opbr25RwY

This week is a few stories of some funny moments with Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
https://youtu.be/REvBBo0uBuQ

I've got another SDC focused one in the works, but it's likely a couple of episodes away.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 11:50:33 AM by sirwillow »

coasterdad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2016, 12:09:31 PM »
keep up the great work Sir Willow. I love em

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 02:43:00 PM »
Ok, here you go SDC/ train fans.  Part 1 of 2 of pranks and silliness that we pulled on the Frisco Silver Dollar train.  If you've ever been on the train, you'll get a kick out of this one (and maybe seen some of these things)  If not, you'll still get a good laugh out of this I hope.  I'd love feedback.

And if all goes well, part 2 will hopefully be up Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon.
https://youtu.be/L1h44kDJy8c

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2016, 06:31:38 AM »
Great videos sirwillow!! It is nice to see a insiders look at what you workers go through. You seem to have the perfect personality for it too. I remember talking to you a few years back.. Keep up the good stuff!!
Live life like it's the last day!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 06:43:35 PM »
Thanks!  Happy you are enjoying them.  Just got part 2 up with possibly the greatest prank I helped pull off while out there.  https://youtu.be/U4lsGaZhBKM

The next few will probably be more Disney focused things, so I may not post about them.  Don't want to spam the boards with my stuff.  But appreciate the kind feedback.  If you want more updates, let me know.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 08:23:08 AM »
I want more updates.  :)