Author Topic: The Newbies Thread  (Read 176380 times)

Ewald

• Not all who wander are lost
    • View Profile
Re: The Newbies Thread
« Reply #435 on: April 12, 2016, 05:43:51 AM »
I grew up in central Oklahoma and heard of this fun place that some of my friends would visit during the summer; but, until December of 2015, and at 38, I had never been to Silver Dollar City. I’ve visited Branson many times for work events, with my wife shopping, and with our kids during scout days at the Dixie Stampede. My two oldest have been to SDC several times with friends on guest passes and we eventually purchased season tickets for them in recent years so they could go more often. I don’t really like rides and in my ignorance, I never found much reason to go myself. That changed last year.

We had a family tradition of visiting the Festival of Lights in Chickasha during the holiday time period when living in Oklahoma. After moving to Northwest Arkansas, we head back to Oklahoma around Thanksgiving to spend time with family and we’d spend an evening in Chickasha walking the lights again as a family. A friend of mine shared that his family did something similar at SDC and heavily recommended that I check it out online. Instead of my typical cursory look at SDC, I spent more time looking around and found enough to intrigue and interest me beyond the rides.

My wife priced out tickets for our visit in December 2015 and showcased what the additional cost for 2016 season tickets would be. We visited the park that month and I had a blast! As a family, we’ve been twice this year so far and I’ve even spent a Saturday there by myself. I’m pleased that there’s this golden nugget of a theme park close by and look for more adventures to come.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 12, 2016, 06:19:58 AM »
Welcome aboard!
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 12, 2016, 03:54:10 PM »
Welcome! I love it when new visitors to the park see it for so much more than the rides!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 14, 2016, 05:11:26 AM »
Welcome!

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 14, 2016, 10:47:03 AM »
Welcome from a fellow Okie!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 14, 2016, 07:20:31 PM »
Welcome!!

Kimbermum

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 10, 2017, 09:36:44 PM »
Hi I'm Kimber and my friend, dianagail, told me about this site! I probably won't post too much but I love SDC! I loved introducing my youngest to all the new rides and can't wait to take him to White Water in a few weeks!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 11, 2017, 07:50:10 PM »
Welcome!!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 23, 2017, 08:08:09 AM »
Welcome!  As I try to tell all the newcomers.... you will get lots of "useless" info here....  LOL... 

Enjoy the site, Glad to have you

JamesQuam

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 16, 2018, 11:39:48 PM »
Hey, this is James. Have just joined the forum. Feeling great to be here.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 17, 2018, 06:19:24 AM »
Hey, this is James. Have just joined the forum. Feeling great to be here.

Welcome....

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 17, 2018, 09:09:29 AM »
Hello and welcome!  Hope you enjoy it and learn interesting things about the park.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #447 on: July 17, 2018, 09:32:52 AM »
Hi I'm Kimber and my friend, dianagail, told me about this site! I probably won't post too much but I love SDC! I loved introducing my youngest to all the new rides and can't wait to take him to White Water in a few weeks!

Awesome.  Welcome Kimber.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 25, 2019, 07:14:58 PM »
Hi, I’ve been reading since early this spring, I found the forum searching on google for SDC rumors about the construction for Mystic River Falls. This year is our first year as season pass holders, we’ve gone the last couple of years at Christmas but decided that we should do seasons passes this year. Our 2.5 year old loves silver dollar city.