Author Topic: The Newbies Thread  (Read 176427 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
Re: The Newbies Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2010, 11:44:04 PM »
Well shoot! Where ARE my manners?!

To Tony and Maddi, I say (in Hee-Haw tribute) "Saaaaaaaaaaalute!" and Welcome!

Andymeets1880s

mogal10

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2010, 12:57:25 PM »
Hi I am Melonie I am a newbie.  I found this site while researching where my husband and I could go on vacation in September.  I have only been to SDC once and that was way back in 1989.  I was a teenager and went with my youth group leaders.  I do not remember much from it except that I loved it, and liked it more than Six Flags in St.  Louis because things were more my speed. ( I do remember the candles and the candle makers cause I have always loved candles.)   Not a thrill ride rider lol. I remember attending a christian concert in the evening that was wonderful.  We were going to go camping AGAIN.  But decided since we never had a honeymoon to go to Branson.  I am 37 and live in Southeast Missouri.

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2010, 02:35:30 PM »
Hey mogal10! Welcome to our site! These are a great group of folks here! They are welcoming, humorous and very informative. Have a good time here!

Andymeets1880s

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2010, 02:39:34 PM »
Hello Melonie!  :)

As I am sure you have already discovered, Silver Dollar City sure has grown since 1989. Since then they have built the Grand Exposition, the Culinary School, three new roller coasters not including Buzz Saw Falls which has come, and gone, and a much bigger parking lot.

One thing that hasn't changed though is the wonderful poeple, and the charm that is Silver Dollar City.

Welcome aboard!  :D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2010, 04:56:28 PM »
Glad to have you aboard...I spent part of my life in SEMO....Perryville, Cape Girardeau, Sikeston, Dexter, and Kennett. (I moved a lot as a kid and in my early to mid 20s) Hope you enjoy SDCFans.com. We are a group that dearly loves SDC, and this is our place to sound off on the good and bad.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2010, 07:22:41 PM »
Welcome mogal10!
Enjoy.
Live life like it's the last day!

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2010, 11:48:16 PM »
Hello, ya'll. Ryan here. Been visiting the site for well over a year now, but recently joined so I could start weighing in on all the interesting topics discussed here. Can't remember what year I visited SDC first, but it had to have been in the mid-80's. Unfortunately, I didn't make it back until about six years ago, but I quickly fell in love with the park all over again and my wife and I have been going back every year since. Live near St. Louis so I'm not terribly far away, but not quite close enough to visit several times a year. Usually head down at some point during the Harvest Festival as it's our favorite time of year and really seems to accentuate SDC's intoxicating charm. Really hoping to get back down around Christmas as we've never experienced SDC at that time of year. And we love Christmas.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2010, 12:33:52 AM »
Hello Ryan! :)

First off, I am a huge fan of Back to the Future III so you have already scored high points there. Secondly, the Harvest Festival is likewise my favorite festival of all. There is something about the cooler weather, and the changing leaves, and the soothing bluegrass music, and the smell of fresh cinnamon buns in the air that really tickles all of the senses.

Welcome aboard! ;D

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2010, 05:53:30 AM »
Welcome Ryan!
Enjoy!
Live life like it's the last day!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2010, 07:34:15 AM »
Junior says "howdy" and welcome to the site!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2010, 08:09:06 AM »
First off, I am a huge fan of Back to the Future III so you have already scored high points there.

In addition to my love for American history, I have always been fascinated with the idea of time travel - thus my undying love for the entire Back to the Future trilogy. Glad to know there's another fan here. Thanks for the warm welcome.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2010, 08:41:15 AM »
BTTF 1& 3 are great, 2 was just plain weird! Welcome Ryan, Youhave a great Website ahead of you. There is a wealth of information here as well as a hep of friendly folks to answer any questions. I also am near StL, and make the trip several times a year, so I understand! The 4 hr drivr down seems to fly by, the drive back is pretty grueling-not much to look forward to once leaving SDC. I highly suggest SDC Christmas. Though cold most of the time, the ability to see the park transformed is great. AND the wassail, and hot chocolate is pretty darn good too!

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »
Welcome, Ryan!

Glad to have you! Hope you have as much fun on here as we do!

Andymeets1880s

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2010, 05:33:37 PM »
How many posts do you have to have before you are no longer considered a newbie? By the way...I love the website and have enjoyed my many hours of reading the threads...I eagerly await the announcement of the new attraction.
Colorado SDC Fan

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2010, 09:19:20 PM »
How many posts do you have to have before you are no longer considered a newbie?

I believe the star system works like this.

* = Newbie 0-49 Post
** = Jr. Citizen 50-99 Post
*** = Citizen 100-249 Post
**** = Post Master 250-499 Post
***** = Lives here 500-Plus Post

So not too much longer, and you will officially be a Jr. Citizen!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 09:20:02 PM by Ozark BBQ »