Author Topic: The Newbies Thread  (Read 177903 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
Re: The Newbies Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2010, 02:34:47 PM »
 ;D Hello...my name is Richard and I am a newbie (now let me hear a combined "Hello Richard")  ;D

I found the site by Google-ing SDC and decided to check it out. I then found myself spending several hours on it each day (say.....what time is it?) But I have only known about it for about three days, so I am not an addict quite yet!
I have been to SDC only three times in my 41 years (ok, I know...be easy)! But the last time there, in May of 08', hooked me and enveloped me. Now, I am beating a path to get back there. I have joined this site because I have found many of you have the same sentiment and heartfelt feeling that I do about the park and it is a great place to visit SDC when you cant actually visit the park itself. I look forward to reading more great stories and forum posts! Thanks everyone!
Andymeets1880s

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2010, 11:11:12 PM »
Hello, Richard! Or should I just say "hi, Ange!?" (Ya know, like Barney on TAGS) Glad to have you aboard. I've been cruising this site since it came on line in 07, and have been a member since January of this year. Over 500 posts so far. I was a citizen at SDC from 78-84, and have carried a love for the park with me everywhere I have gone since then. I enjoy visiting with others  on this site that share a love for a special theme park. We encourage you to post vacation photos and videos of SDC here, and share your memories, and concerns about the park. Look forward to hearing more from you soon. -Junior Dugan
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

pintrader

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 10:40:55 AM »
Anybody that likes the Andy Griffith Show and Silver Dollar City can't be all bad.   :)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 11:12:19 AM »
 ;) Thanks pintrader! And as Andy would say..."Thatsa time!"
Andymeets1880s

maddilives4him

• Hatfield
  • Perserving the past!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2010, 05:29:08 PM »
Hi I'm maddi. I'm 14 years old and I live in Texas. My parents have been taking me to SDC before I was even a year old and I absolutly love it! One thing that makes stand out from my family is that when they walk in to SDC they feel like their going into nothing more than a theme park, but when I go in I see so much more and want to know more about everything at SDC and how it got there, the storyline behind it etc., etc. (which is probably why I'm such an SDC nerd!) I found SDC fans in 2007 when I was googling for an informative website that would give me insiders on up-to-date SDC events. At the time I was so nervous to be a member because of my age difference. I have never met anyone even close to my age that is as interested in SDC as I am. I finally realized that since I am an SDC fan and want to know just as much about SDC as anyone else on this website, than I can be a member. So right now as a newbie I'm just going to make as many posts I can and make them best that I know that I can make them.

Outside my SDC obsession ;D I really like to sing and play the guitar and piano. I hope to go to College of the Ozarks to become a high school choir director.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:31:22 PM by maddilives4him »
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example to others in your speech, love, life, faithfulness, and purity."
                           - 1 Timothy 4:12

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2010, 06:37:55 PM »
Welcome..   And you are not the youngest one that frequents here.  My 7 year old daughter is always on here looking at SDC stuff.  She is as crazy about SDC as the rest of us.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2010, 07:21:49 PM »
It's great to see that us younger folk love SDC as much as the people that have been going since the 60's and 70's! It makes me believe that the true spirit of SDC will never die.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2010, 07:45:52 PM »
Great post Maddi. Welcome to the site.
Live life like it's the last day!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2010, 08:05:09 PM »
Junior says Howdy...glad to have ya here! :D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2010, 10:13:18 PM »
Glad to see that the future of SDC and the site is in good hands Maddi! Welcome. I am a teacher, and we have a whole bunch of teachers on here so you have found some good mentors!

maddilives4him

• Hatfield
  • Perserving the past!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2010, 06:19:24 PM »
Thanks so much guys! I'm really glad I became a member. ;D
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example to others in your speech, love, life, faithfulness, and purity."
                           - 1 Timothy 4:12

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2010, 11:10:29 AM »
Well, my name's Tony. I'm a machinist and musician from Tulsa. I'm 42 years old, a huge history buff, married to my sweetie for twenty years, one adopted daughter from Korea, and I must say there is no place on Earth like Silver Dollar City. I went there as a child, probably about  1974, and again in 1978. I remember the diving bell, a steam engine powered saw, the flooded mine, the train robbers, but most of all Herman's tree house. I stumbled across this site as I was searching for info on the status of the tree house. My family and I just got back from a visit to the park last week. As usual, it was magic. I'm certainly glad to meet up with you guys that feel the same way I do about the place. Makes me happy.
No matter where you go, there you are.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2010, 12:59:45 PM »
Welcome Tony..   I live in Perry Ok and drive thru Tulsa to SDC all the time...  Glad to meet another Okie.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2010, 01:13:58 PM »
Tulsa is not that far away...SDC is a decent drive...glad to have you on this site!

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2010, 01:18:13 PM »
Thanks guys. I look forward to reading a lot more about the park. The more I read, the more I remember. And I'll try not to be too obnoxious, ha ha!
No matter where you go, there you are.