Author Topic: The Newbies Thread  (Read 178289 times)

Camarofan

• View Profile
Re: The Newbies Thread
« Reply #420 on: June 22, 2015, 02:41:55 AM »
Hey Guys. I'm a long time off-and-on lurker. I first discovered the site in the Fall of 2010 searching for new ride rumors (so cliché, I know). I never officially joined because I got so wrapped up in working on my B.S. and A.M. My first memory of the park is riding FITH when I was three. I live just outside of St. Louis and buy season passes to both SDC and SFSTL every year, but I go to SDC a lot more often than Six Flags. (One of the few perks of being in the last two years of my PhD and being a theorist is that I can take multiple vacations a year  and nobody really notices...). SDC/Branson is pretty much my favorite place to be and I look forward to being part of this community going forward.

-Nick

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 22, 2015, 03:12:06 PM »
Great to have you here, Nick!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 22, 2015, 05:58:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Camarofan!
Live life like it's the last day!

RedDirt

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 01, 2015, 03:08:55 PM »
Welp, guess I'll jest jump off in here and gets my feets wet. I first visited the park in the fall of 1971 as a preteen with my Mother, older sister and younger brother in tow. instantaneously from that time forward a yearly trip to SDC ensued and quickly became a family tradition. I can surly count on both hands the years I have missed not visiting the park since. I have spent honeymoons (yes honeymoons as in plural, go ahead and laugh now, as I myself just did) with wives number 1 as well as wife number 3 at the city. However the most memorable trip (to date) had to be the spring of 1977 when myself and 2 fellow high school graduating seniors made the trek "unaccompanied" from Creek County OK to the city in a black Pontiac Trans Am. I was not so much into the rides and attractions that trip as we were desperately trying to catch the attention of girls, girl, or heck any female that was not old enough to be our mother! To summarize my experiences through the years, SDC with out doubt definitely turns back time. Each passing year I grow older but with each year brings another visit to the city and truly adds another week if not month to my life. The younger brother mentioned above turned me on to this site. Many of you know him here as DewyBald.

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 02, 2015, 04:41:21 AM »
Welcome to the site!

CoasterCale

• View Profile
    • Home of Chicago's Very own Coaster Cale
« Reply #425 on: October 12, 2015, 09:12:13 PM »
New members, Introduce yourselves! Tell us how you found the site, and why you're particularly fond of the park(s).
My name is Cale. I have been to several parks. I'm not sure if I should still list them, as I did in the other forum dedicated to doing just that. I was refereed to the forums when a member shared one of my Music Videos.
Am I the only one that thinks PowderKeg is the best coaster at SDC?
#25 Wild Thing #50 Millenium Force #75 Skull Mountain (SFGAd) #100 Seven Dwarfs Mine #125 Avalanche

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 13, 2015, 05:25:25 AM »
That would be me CoasterCale. Welcome to the site!
Live life like it's the last day!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 18, 2016, 06:53:31 PM »
Welcome to new members...we need your input, so post away, lol!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #428 on: March 17, 2016, 06:58:17 PM »
I am another long time lurker that finally registered. Life long fan of the park. I will try to contribute photos/videos when I can.

Also my father worked there back in its early days and personally knew Jack and Pete. Some of his paintings & graphics can still be found in the park. (e.g. the ticket booths)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 17, 2016, 07:11:36 PM »
I am another long time lurker that finally registered. Life long fan of the park. I will try to contribute photos/videos when I can.

Also my father worked there back in its early days and personally knew Jack and Pete. Some of his paintings & graphics can still be found in the park. (e.g. the ticket booths)

Welcome to the group.....;

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 18, 2016, 04:07:40 AM »
Welcome!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 18, 2016, 08:22:02 AM »
I love the old paintings in the ticket booths!  Welcome to the site sdcfan88
I'm Your Huckleberry

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 18, 2016, 10:54:46 PM »
Thanks all. And I got some recent videos of the Flooded Mine and of the Train Ride on Youtube. Just visited on Wednesday. I can post pictures in the 2016 construction/updates thread I suppose?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 10:55:53 PM by sdcfan88 »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 19, 2016, 02:44:40 AM »
I love the old paintings in the ticket booths!  Welcome to the site sdcfan88

Thank you! This is one of them! He still feels amazed and impressed that they kept them after all these years and makes it a routine to walk over and check in on them every time we go.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 02:45:22 AM by sdcfan88 »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 19, 2016, 10:48:13 AM »
My first trip to SDC was in 1969 so i actually got to ride things like the stagecoach, float trip, Herman the Hermit's treehouse, etc.  We have been Season pass holders since 1990 so we don't get to go through the ticket booths but i try to make it a point almost every trip to walk up and look at those paintings.  They bring back a lot of great memories!
I'm Your Huckleberry