General Category > Random Talk

The Newbies Thread

(1/90) > >>

shavethewhales:
New members, Introduce yourselves! Tell us how you found the site, and why you're particularly fond of the park(s).

rubedugans:
Old thread but I'll post anyway! I am a lifetime SDC guest, my first visit was when i was several months old, 27 years ago, and I have been back every year multiple times since. I now use the city for my art, and my influences from this bygone era. Collector of SDC memorobilia, and hopefully someday a citizen (worker) in the park. Good enough?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32289589@N05/

SteamFreak:
Ironic that a recent post made this front and center right after i joined. Anyway I found this site by just googling some random history about SDC. I'm a huge history buff with deep interest in the 19th century so SDC is like theme park heaven for me. I'm 18 and have been going to SDC all my life. I'm a Captain in a civil war reenacting unit and I sing and play drums. Well, I guess i'm introduced. Looking forward to posting here! Cheers!

HollyAnn:
Hi my name is Holly and I have been going to SDC since before I could remember.  I grew up in southern okla and when we moved to Joplin it was a HUGE thing that we were only 2 hours away from Branson and SDC.  I think the first time we went to the park after we moved we got our season passes and have had them ever since.  I love SDC with my whole heart, its just something about that makes me feel almost at home.  I guess you could say its my happy place.  I even spent my 21st birthday at SDC this December.  Our annual Christmas trip with my family from okla fell on my birthday! 

I'm not really sure how I stumbled upon this site...I think it was through the SDC facebook page.  I'm a resident assitant at Pittsburg State University and spend a lot of late nights staying up on duty wasting time on the internet.  I decided to check the site out and loved all the forum posts.  I really wanted to know more about the city, especially the history, and so I decided to read on and have pretty much been checking the site almost daily since then.  And now I have decided that I might as well take part in the forums.  So, here I am!

History Buff:
Welcome, Holly.  Join in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version