Author Topic: Photography questions  (Read 2214 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Photography questions
« on: July 08, 2016, 10:16:23 PM »
Okay, so the SDC website says that photography is allowed in the park, but that's about all the info they give. I know that some places restrict what kind of cameras/lenses one can use (like, pro versus point-and-shoot), and I just wanna find out ahead of time if there are any restrictions set in place.

I'm hoping to go to SDC during the fall festival with my sister. She's a professional photographer and has an amazing camera, which she lets me use when we're together (I'm like the ONLY person she'll let touch it aside from her husband, lol). I've asked if we could bring the camera with us so I can take high-quality pictures of SDC that I've never managed to get just right with my little point-and-shoot. And particularly, I want to be able to document the entrance as well as possible since we've got rumors that it's going to be changing.

So, basically, I wanna make sure ahead of time that it's okay to bring a pro camera with lenses (her larger one isn't, like, SUPER large like the kinds people use to take pics of planes or somethin').

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Photography questions
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 01:34:30 PM »
I've taken my Nikon, lenses, and tripod in before without any problems.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: Photography questions
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 09:08:42 PM »
As long as you aren't trying to carry them on the coasters and take pictures during the ride, you're fine.  SDC has no photography restrictions that I'm aware of on park, except maybe making money off of their trademarks. it's got some great places to shoot photos.  Enjoy.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.