Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project Part 2  (Read 107044 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project Part 2
« Reply #330 on: November 30, 2017, 01:00:29 PM »
Personally, I love the wassail. Last Christmas I bought the hot chocolate and it was very watered down and disappointing, I did not buy it this year, however.

I haven't reviewed Christmas in Midtown yet because I haven't had time. We were at the park the weekend before Thanksgiving, and wow. I was very very impressed. I didn't notice pop music because the area was so crowded and so many people were talking and oohing/ahhing so the music kind of got drowned out. I think SDC really did a top notch job with this new addition. When you exit Midtown onto the square now though, all lights there really feel kind of dull, even the ones on the tree. I think fixing up the square with a new tree for next year's festival should be a new priority for SDC.

They have needed to upgrade the tree for years now. They are using ancient technology. I actually avoid it if at all possible. Lots of better lighting and effects all over the park.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 30, 2017, 01:33:18 PM »
I know this is a major nitpick and a bit off topic but I found the hot chocolate to be quite disappointing compared to years past. It used to be quite rich and creamy and it was a drink that you definitely got a good value for what you paid for. The two batches I got from two different vendors at Coaster Christmas was basically brown water with little flavor so it seems like they have cheeped out and decided to stretch their ingredients by watering down the batches as they probably think the average person (non regulars) won't notice. One major thing I loved SDC at Christmas was for the quality of their hot chocolate and sadly that was a miss this year. But Christmas in Midtown is impressive and is a must see in person type of thing to appreciate. Oh and on the flip side, the Wassail was as good as always.

I haven't been this year but the hot chocolate I've had has always been pretty good.  As for the Wassail....a recent youtuber reviewed SDC last week and mentioned that the Wassial tasted like hot kool-aid.....which I thought was a pretty good description.  I thought it was like a hot Hawaiian punch and didn't care for it.  Not sure if SDC's would be considered good Wassail or not but one was enough for me.

I have had both year before last and that was enough for me. If it has gone downhill since then it must be terribly bad now.

Agree on both drinks - no longer good!. I think the wassail tastes like red hots in water and hot chocolate is watery, but it beats $6.44 a cup at the Showboat's loading platform.  :o

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 30, 2017, 09:32:29 PM »
I know this is a major nitpick and a bit off topic but I found the hot chocolate to be quite disappointing compared to years past. It used to be quite rich and creamy and it was a drink that you definitely got a good value for what you paid for. The two batches I got from two different vendors at Coaster Christmas was basically brown water with little flavor so it seems like they have cheeped out and decided to stretch their ingredients by watering down the batches as they probably think the average person (non regulars) won't notice. One major thing I loved SDC at Christmas was for the quality of their hot chocolate and sadly that was a miss this year. But Christmas in Midtown is impressive and is a must see in person type of thing to appreciate. Oh and on the flip side, the Wassail was as good as always.

I whole heartedly agree!  The one cup I got was gritty and so sweet it made me sick.  I ended up giving it to my Kids who loves it because...Kids.  But I guarantee I won’t be buying any more when we go on the 16th.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 01, 2017, 11:49:28 AM »
Hmm?  Maybe mix the Wassail with a little Fireball?   :o :o

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 01, 2017, 02:33:41 PM »

;D

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 01, 2017, 08:13:58 PM »

;D

My wife has actually found mixing the wassail with the cinnamon moonshine from Smith Creek on the Landing to be the better choice.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 03, 2017, 09:06:53 PM »
My wife has actually found mixing the wassail with the cinnamon moonshine from Smith Creek on the Landing to be the better choice.

Hmmm?!?!? 
I have some of that in the freezer also....  LOL
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:47:43 PM by shavethewhales »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 04, 2017, 12:53:07 PM »

;D

Ill JUst take the Fireball please. No need to dilute it  :P :P

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 04, 2017, 01:53:38 PM »

;D

Ill JUst take the Fireball please. No need to dilute it  :P :P

lol....the day that SDC starts selling fireball at the park is the day either the traditional SDC dies....or maybe an argument could be made that would actually be a more realistic view of the ozarks....lol
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 04, 2017, 02:19:56 PM »
lol....the day that SDC starts selling fireball at the park is the day either the traditional SDC dies....or maybe an argument could be made that would actually be a more realistic view of the ozarks....lol

Maybe they should rethink the inventory at the saloon :o :o
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:47:22 PM by shavethewhales »