Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project Part 2  (Read 107990 times)

Clint F

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I visit Silver Dollar City every other weekend!
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project Part 2
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2017, 05:58:30 PM »
So, I have to ask...Is the Hospitality House entrance still the same?  There was talk that the entrance was going to change to help with the bottleneck of people going in and exiting at the same time.
I Love SDC!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #226 on: March 13, 2017, 07:47:40 PM »
So, I have to ask...Is the Hospitality House entrance still the same?  There was talk that the entrance was going to change to help with the bottleneck of people going in and exiting at the same time.

Yes it is still the same.  Other projects took precedence over the front being changed. 
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 14, 2017, 07:41:50 AM »
@MH,  when are you going?
Either Saturday or Sunday.  Just for a walk around and visit the mine.
I will let you know as we get closer

Clint F

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I visit Silver Dollar City every other weekend!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 14, 2017, 06:00:57 PM »

Yes it is still the same.  Other projects took precedence over the front being changed.

Thank you, Swoosh!  I'm glad to hear that!
I Love SDC!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 14, 2017, 09:34:05 PM »
I'm not sure how many of you are friends with Brad Thomas on Facebook but he just posted an awesome photo of a new topiary of a crossed fork and spoon that's near the HH promoting their Year of Food.  Very Epcot Food and Wine like
SWOOSH

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 14, 2017, 10:04:24 PM »
Just saw that on his Twitter. I like it a lot. Also looks like there may be some new signage around the park advertising the crafts and craftsmen.

It's the small updates and details such as these that really help to build a park up and make it what it truly is. Looking forward to 2017!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 14, 2017, 10:17:08 PM »
Yeah at least one new one by Riverfront Playhouse
SWOOSH

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2017, 09:28:22 AM »
The wooden fence behind the iconic SDC logo at the main entrance has been removed (by looking at some photo's people have posted on facebook). The rock wall is still there with the small arch opening, but the fence is defiantly gone. Seems odd that you can see thru, makes me think all of that will be removed at some point.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2017, 10:28:10 AM »
^Some of the theming is gone too... there used to be some mine track and a little mine cart that hung over the walkway as you passed through the stone archway. A lot of little things are gone - a continuation of the "cleaning" that has been going on for a few years now.

I'd speculate that it'll all be gone and completely changed in a couple years anyway when they inevitably re-do the entrance. Gotta be one of these years now.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2017, 11:49:21 AM »
^Some of the theming is gone too... there used to be some mine track and a little mine cart that hung over the walkway as you passed through the stone archway. A lot of little things are gone - a continuation of the "cleaning" that has been going on for a few years now.

I'd speculate that it'll all be gone and completely changed in a couple years anyway when they inevitably re-do the entrance. Gotta be one of these years now.

I was going to ask about the track and mine cart.. i think i got picture of that last year.. gone now? was hoping they would leave that since it was in the are 10-12 feet high.  Not in the way..  too bad..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2017, 11:50:45 AM »

I was going to ask about the track and mine cart.. i think i got picture of that last year.. gone now? was hoping they would leave that since it was in the are 10-12 feet high.  Not in the way..  too bad..
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »
Here's a good shot I found on Instagram of it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BRqr2eJA0ev/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:57:18 PM by Joy »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2017, 01:42:39 PM »
That opens up the area quite a bit. Sad to hear about the mine cart theming...although I'm not surprised.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2017, 01:51:12 PM »
I'm usually against the removal of thematic elements but in this case I feel the removal of the ore cart is not s loss.  I think this looks much better and I think they need to take it a step farther and remove the stone arch and wall.  That would really help with guest flow. 
SWOOSH

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2017, 02:21:42 PM »
Are the little tree's on either side new?
You have a great past just ahead of you.