Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project Part 2  (Read 107076 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project Part 2
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2017, 09:55:42 PM »
Interesting. They are really advertising this heavily far in advance. I'm excited for something new during the Christmas festival.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2017, 10:37:23 PM »
Well it looks good at night... Kinda strange when you notice the actual roof line, but that's not an issue in the dark.

I guess the real issue will be whether this will be ugly as hell in the daytime, especially since they'll probably be up for 3 months out of the year. Might have been a better idea just to rebuild the facades.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2017, 10:53:46 PM »
I dont understand the point.  Maybe I was expecting something else.  I dont understand why they are trying to make their structures look bigger.  Maybe they need the tunnel effect for this to work night.  Taller buildings with animation mounted on the real roofs?

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2017, 12:30:47 PM »
If I were them,  I wouldn't have posted that pic. It looks terrible (IMO), and I was looking forward to this addition. The way it is being executed has me worried; it looks cheep. 

Maybe once the "bigger picture" comes into play it will look better, but that pic alone makes it look horrible.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2017, 04:57:29 PM »
I agree with you.  It just seems like the wrong spot, why they didnt do around the lake with a show confuses me.
You could say there is not a lot of standing room down there but I would argue the same point with midtown. 

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2017, 03:46:37 PM »
I know it will not happen, but Mary's Springhouse would be a excellent place for the Upscale Coffee/tea house and roastery.  I have wished for this for years.

It would be an even better place for a Mexican Subway (like Chipotle).  Don't be shocked if that's what they put there

Well......looky here: https://blog.silverdollarcity.com/article/new-percys-southwest-grill?cid=smc_000262

Percy's Southwest Grill - Sounds like a Chipotle, Qdoba type place to me - I'm looking forward to this.

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2017, 04:56:33 PM »
I'm more curious on how they're going to twist a backstory to explain why it is in the park. 
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2017, 05:07:14 PM »
I'm more curious on how they're going to twist a backstory to explain why it is in the park.

Um. I'm guessing it's there because it will make a profit - not so much because it fits in theme, but a back story would be welcome.  Make it so, SDC!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2017, 05:27:16 PM »
Well, as I recall it being told from his great great great grandmammy Marie, old Percy set out in 1862 to seek gold in the Arizona territories and beyond but came back to the Ozarks sometime later penniless and with a taste for more than just dusky mestizo ladies.  So he set out to recreate from his likely hazy memory his favorite dishes from some of the many cantinas he visited during his time away.   He's hoping the locals enjoy his tales from the trail of hunting gold and more, just as much as they enjoy his take on the great King Montezuma's preferred cuisine.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2017, 06:00:01 PM »
Sucks that Mary's Springhouse is gone, but this was something the park needed - in-theme or not. Very positive reaction on FB. I am in the same crowd that was wanting something that could be a little more healthy for lunch. Would have been nice to have just added it to a deadzone like GE.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2017, 07:28:26 PM »
Sucks that Mary's Springhouse is gone, but this was something the park needed - in-theme or not. Very positive reaction on FB. I am in the same crowd that was wanting something that could be a little more healthy for lunch. Would have been nice to have just added it to a deadzone like GE.

I still don't understand why there are no real food sales in that area outside of Liberty.

And I still have hopes for a "three-alarm" funnel cake at FL.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2017, 09:02:18 PM »
This is a very welcome addition!! My only problem with it is that it had to replace a restaurant. In my opinion, you can never have too many food options. Why did this have to replace another restaurant, instead of just opening this in a new location? Either way, I'm excited to try this!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2017, 10:52:06 PM »

I still don't understand why there are no real food sales in that area outside of Liberty.

And I still have hopes for a "three-alarm" funnel cake at FL.

Are you talking about Lady Liberty?  Look for changes there too.  Heard they're no longer serving burgers at that location
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2017, 05:53:31 PM »
Being autistic, I am an EXTREMELY picky eater. So looking at the menu for the new restaurant has me REALLY excited because of the level of customization available for your meal. It might end up becoming my favorite place to eat at the park.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2017, 05:57:03 PM »
Will  miss the Springhouse....it was good....better than the Buffets....too bad they eliminated  a restaurant.