Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project Part 2  (Read 106998 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
SDC's 2017 Project Part 2
« on: June 26, 2016, 06:16:20 PM »
Since there is some sort of forum bug popping up when threads get to page 50, here is part two of the 2017 discussion. I will merge these threads after a fix is found.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project Part 2
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 08:54:05 PM »
I was wondering if it going to page 50 was an issue....some type of limit...

Figured it was that or my last post was so dumb it crashed the site....lol
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 03:14:56 PM »
Well... this thread kinda died a quick death. lol Anything new?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 12:57:45 AM »
Because this related to the 2017 project....
The new access road to the EH stage is now visible from EH (as in they've thinned the tree line THAT much).  Been told that the new entrance to EH for the GP will be around Hi-Striker.  A new restroom will be built over there somewhere in the off season. 

Oh and take lots of photos of the entrance plaza before the season ends. 
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 09:30:15 AM »
Will this also be the exit?

As usual, when SDC opened this year the Echo Hollow show started at park closing. Right now it is not Moonlight Madness yet, but I see they are starting the EH show 1 hour before park closing. Because of this and since Swoosh says the new EH entrance will be near the Hi Striker next year, it looks like EH wont be moved for a long time. I guess they are starting it early to end it early so we can get out of EH and leave when all the riders leave. On Saturdays during SSS they were starting it 2 hours before park closing, probably to let kids keep riding afterward. To me, this seems like it might help a little, since they dont have an exit that leads from EH straight to the exit gates/tram drop off, but it is also worse because it makes more traffic. I still wish they could move EH or make another exit, but after looking at the satellite view on my GPS, they probably wont have room for either unless they take out TNT.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:56:03 AM by Laroy »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 10:59:19 AM »
Yes.  1 way in.  1 way out. 
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 05:53:15 PM »
In another thread the talk is about the old WAterboggen tower. Myself, I just wish it would come down and be done with it.
If as speculated the food stands are coming out to make way for the new coaster I think this would make a excellent area for a new food court. Tear down the structure and move the skillets into this area. Serves 2 purposes. It keeps the potato, chicken , succotash skillets operating and moves the lines out of the main paths eliminating a lot of the congestion.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 07:30:27 PM »
An update on the 2017 projects... the foundation for the new Echo Hollow restrooms has been dug out and is now awaiting concrete for the foundation.  You can see it pretty plain as day.  I would imagine it would even be visible from the back porch of the Culinary School.  Regarding the entrance to the EH, it will be rerouted but will still enter from the same location. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 10:28:24 PM »
Yup, I was actually there today and you can see a lot from the porch, but its still behind the trees so it is hard to photograph. TNT is certainly exposed, but it really shows off how much land is back there. I hope they dont take many more trees though...

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 11:20:13 PM »
TNT is certainly exposed, but it really shows off how much land is back there. I hope they dont take many more trees though...

Yeah I agree. I was really surprised by how they did a clean sweep of all the trees just as they did around WF when it was built. I was hoping it wouldn't be that bad but whats done is done I guess. There is definitely a lot of land to work with now so this could be a VERY big coaster.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:21:11 PM by sdcfan88 »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 08:41:41 PM »
Oh and here is the general idea of how much land has currently been cleared. (marked in red)

The isolated area is where the hillside was slightly dug out for the construction trailer.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:43:13 PM by sdcfan88 »

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 09:49:01 PM »
I'm not sure I understand how this could potentially be a very big coaster. The area speculated in red to have been cleared wouldn't even be big enough to cover the footprint of TNT as it stands, and TNT isn't a big coaster.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 09:57:45 PM »
This is the only the cleared area.  You have to remember that the course of the ride will cross TNT twice and the load station is where the current EH restrooms are. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 06:44:12 PM »
Yeah I'm thinking an announcement is imminent. Been monitoring the SDC FB group and basically any posts/comments about future coasters or questions (including the survey images) about the construction is quickly getting deleted and I also noticed my photo speculating about the future of the Waterboggan Tower got deleted as well. and on SDC's official page itself somebody left a note complaining about them clearing the trees behind ThuNderaTion and it got deleted shortly after. That's not like them to delete posts. I just don't see how they can keep a lid on it much longer.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 11:44:57 PM by sdcfan88 »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2016, 10:09:12 PM »
SDCfan88 I just now noticed how close 2 spots of the red area are to the road. Then I noticed there is a big clearing on the other side of the road. This makes me come to the conclusion, Are they going to build the track over the road to make a U turn? All the cleared spots seems like they might....
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 10:10:20 PM by Laroy »