Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project Part 2  (Read 107015 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2017 Project Part 2
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2016, 03:20:12 PM »
I've been to the Six Flags Over Texas Holiday in the Park many times. My family loves going, but not for the same reasons they like to go to SDC.

The Holiday shows at Six Flags do not compare to the ones at SDC. The lights at Six Flags are not on the same level as SDC. Six Flags will have some very nice areas, and has the snow hill, but the park on a whole is no where close to the production SDC puts on. I do like all the holiday food booths that Six Flags sets up, but SDC's food is already good.....The difference is Six Flags brings out a lot of holiday favorites and specialties that are really good.

The area where I think Six Flags totally fails is with their shops. I love to shop SDC at Christmas time. I've spent several hundreds at SDC during Christmas, but have yet to buy much of anything at Six Flags.

Also, during Holiday in the Park at Six Flags not all the park is open......

Jay

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2016, 10:16:29 AM »

I still often wonder why SDC doesn't focus on new indoor attractions to help with capacity during weather and something to possible turn into a seasonal attraction for Christmas.

Same here. No reason not to. If it is too cold or lightning is in the area, I want more things to do than just ball pit, GM, FITH, and FM.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2016, 09:01:25 PM »

I still often wonder why SDC doesn't focus on new indoor attractions to help with capacity during weather and something to possible turn into a seasonal attraction for Christmas.

Same here. No reason not to. If it is too cold or lightning is in the area, I want more things to do than just ball pit, GM, FITH, and FM.

Shops, food, shows. SDC may not have the most indoor rides as other parks, but they still have more than many parks do. Isn't Cyclone Sam's the only indoor ride at WoF? And they don't have the shows like we do. I can't think of a park I've been to with more indoor rides than SDC.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2016, 09:55:26 PM »

Shops, food, shows. SDC may not have the most indoor rides as other parks, but they still have more than many parks do. Isn't Cyclone Sam's the only indoor ride at WoF? And they don't have the shows like we do. I can't think of a park I've been to with more indoor rides than SDC.

Nickelodeon Universe  ;)
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2016, 08:24:25 AM »

You are right....SDC might have more indoor activities compared to the babysitter summer parks.  But they don't have nearly as many as the big year around Disney and Universal parks.....they seem to have a majority of their attractions inside.  Not saying SDC is on that level but they are at least somewhere between a Six Flags and Universal.

The most troublesome problem with indoor attractions are probably the costs of them and the cost to maintain.  Not cheap to keep a big building cool/warm all year.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2016, 03:38:15 PM »
When you take things indoors you can set things up to provide a whole new level of quality and uniqueness to guests, not to mention reliability and something weather proof. It certainly does come down to costs though, because nothing is cheaper than simply slapping a machine down on a concrete pad outside and not giving rain checks. I used to like to think that SDC was trying to transition into being a next level theme park where they'd have more big-park style attractions and eventually a resort. Unfortunately though all signs point to them going in the opposite direction... (but at least a resort is still possible).

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2016, 03:57:34 PM »
When I went on Opening Day there was an announcement about new stuff happening. But stay tuned to this fall as more would be disclosed at that time. Now I will be there the opening of the FHF and I wonder if they will make some announcement then?
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2016, 03:58:44 PM »

Nickelodeon Universe  ;)

How did you know I've been to Nickelodeon Universe? ;)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2016, 11:52:53 PM »

Nickelodeon Universe  ;)

How did you know I've been to Nickelodeon Universe? ;)

Because we've talked shop extensively numerous times on Facebook messenger. lol
SWOOSH

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2016, 10:27:09 AM »
They should say something by fall. They must put something in place of world fest. If they dont announce it, they might not get all the business that loved World fest. They cant wait too long to say it or not say it at all. Now is the right time to announce a new festival. I think the sooner they say it, the better. It should be coming soon.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2016, 11:24:48 AM »
They're pretty busy gearing up for Christmas.  I'd think a good time to announce an upcoming event would be after Christmas during the  off season.  It keeps their name and logo out there.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2016, 06:38:53 PM »
I'd bet money that they will announce next years festivals and events during early November when next year's passes go on sale - like they always do. They only do August announcements when something big is coming for the next year.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2016, 08:33:06 PM »
I'd bet money that they will announce next years festivals and events during early November when next year's passes go on sale - like they always do. They only do August announcements when something big is coming for the next year.

I forgot about the season passes, Shave.  You're probably right.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2016, 08:58:21 PM »

I hope they're wrong but I was told today that World Fest won't really be replaced.  The plan sounds like they're going to just expand the dates for the other festivals - mainly Bluegrass and Southern Gospel
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2016, 11:17:12 PM »
^I suspected as much too. And I too heard chatter from people at the park a while back that supports this.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 09:55:31 PM by sdcfan88 »