Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511975 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1845 on: May 15, 2018, 07:08:02 AM »
Thanks all.

like the pictures,  great views..

HikerDan

« Reply #1846 on: May 15, 2018, 01:38:30 PM »
My wife and I finally took the time to ride TT for our first time on Mother's Day, Sunday morning at park opening.

We got there at 9:15 and walked down the hill expecting to arrive at a chain somewhere along the way. We were surprised that SDC let everyone go ahead and line up in the station building queue areas. We skipped the photo and went right upstairs onto the 2nd level where we waited 10 minutes for the ride to open and just another 10 or so to board the ride. 

We didn't know that you are assigned a seat, so when I saw that we hoped for the back row. That's exactly what we got!...row 8. Once on the 3rd level we actually had to wait for the next train as the back row seats on one of them weren't functioning.

We dropped out of the station turning slightly to the right and we were pretty surprised at the pull of the drop from that angle. It was a lot of fun in the back. On one early ride hill we were looking straight to the ground. We were also surprised how much our back row car rotated. We turned several full revolutions going through the ride. I also thought both launches came to a full stop before the launch, so the 2nd one was also a surprise.

Of course the ride is very short in duration and we knew that, but the people in front of us said, "Is it over? That was quick.". We came into the station now on the seventh row.

We only rode TT once and moved on. We both thought it was a fun ride and will try to ride again next week on some other spots on the trains to see where we like riding the best. After one ride I don't think that TT will replace PK as my favorite in the park, or replace OR as my wife's fave, but we'll give it several more rides and see how it goes. Hopefully TT will be a reliable ride for the park so everyone can usually expect the ride to be running at park opening for years to come. It seems to us that Wildfire has always been the most reliable so far (except they had problems Sunday morning just as we boarded and had to get off without riding...rare.)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: May 15, 2018, 03:53:43 PM »
Having ridden on just about all the spots on that ride, I will say the back car seems the most fun.  I usually avoid the back cars because they are more rough, especially on the tnt.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1848 on: May 15, 2018, 06:50:37 PM »
TT is fun, but it’s far from my favorite coaster at the park.  I think if the launches were stronger then maybe.  Being just “fun” isn’t a bad thing though
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1849 on: May 16, 2018, 06:26:22 AM »
^Agreed. TT is really cool but Powderkeg is still king in the department as a launch coaster. Overall PK and WF remain neck and neck as their top coasters after all these years. IMHO
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:44:28 PM by sdcfan88 »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: May 16, 2018, 08:46:20 AM »
Are we far enough into the season to conclude that the common feedback to this ride is:  "It was fun, little too short, not may favorite ride at SDC, but I'd ride it again if the line isn't too long".

I guess that is a success????
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1851 on: May 18, 2018, 09:05:19 AM »
^That is perhaps the opinion of most enthusiasts, but the general crowd at large loves it and is eating it up. It is consistently filling it's queue line and has brought a TON of new people to the park. They've gotten so much media attention too... It's definitely been a success in a number of ways for them. Their goal wasn't necessarily to make a coaster that blew away enthusiasts.

In other news, I hear there's some kind of new construction going on in midtown? I'll be there this weekend to see for myself, but if you have photos from today, throw them at us!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1852 on: May 18, 2018, 11:35:59 AM »

In other news, I hear there's some kind of new construction going on in midtown? I'll be there this weekend to see for myself, but if you have photos from today, throw them at us!

Big Jacks is being removed.  No other details than that
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: May 18, 2018, 01:12:52 PM »

Big Jacks is being removed.  No other details than that

That building needed to be gone. has been vacant and no maintenece on it for a while now...   

Maybe a place for another Christmas tree?? ::)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: May 18, 2018, 01:25:00 PM »
I want the sign!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1855 on: May 18, 2018, 02:13:02 PM »
I'm not sure why it wasn't left as a sandwich shop... perhaps there was something wrong with the building.

I'm also not sure why they suddenly needed to do demo right now, with the park about to kick into high gear for summer season. Roof collapse or a code violation? 

I'll bet they leave it as open space though. Gotta fit more people in for the Christmas spectacle...

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: May 18, 2018, 03:17:52 PM »
I did not notice that in Midtown Wednesday when I was there.  Actually now that I think about it I don't think I was even in midtown.  I did notice the nice new huge waterfall right next to the rail road overpass going down towards the river area :)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: May 18, 2018, 03:37:47 PM »
A coffee and tea shop would've been nice there.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: May 18, 2018, 03:58:40 PM »
I'm not sure why it wasn't left as a sandwich shop... perhaps there was something wrong with the building.

I'm also not sure why they suddenly needed to do demo right now, with the park about to kick into high gear for summer season. Roof collapse or a code violation? 

I'll bet they leave it as open space though. Gotta fit more people in for the Christmas spectacle...

I miss the original sandwhich shop, fresh sandwhiches, quick service good stuff..   then they started premaking them ???.  not so good.  closed it shortly after that..

As far as demo, as small as that building is, they should have been able to knock it down and clean it up in a couple of days..  then asphalt/concrete another day... Done!!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: May 18, 2018, 09:42:31 PM »
No! Just no! Or, wait until I can get there and walk out with the sign.  ;D