Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511764 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1800 on: April 14, 2018, 11:48:50 AM »
46 degrees this morning... supose to be nice,, get ready for lines today....   everybody there have a good time.. ;D

Be surprised if TT is open.  Just saying

SO far TT is the only ride not open?  anybody onsite?  whats goin on there>?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 14, 2018, 01:35:38 PM »
1:00  -  TT is open with an hour wait...

7000 people  in park....

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1802 on: April 14, 2018, 01:52:12 PM »
It’s open now.
Usual crap on TT.
It’s the new PK
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: April 14, 2018, 03:05:48 PM »
It’s open now.
Usual crap on TT.
It’s the new PK

IMAO :)

I was worried about its capacity since it's unveiling:( 

Anyone know if it's been up regularly?  Is it only been down/delayed due to temps?
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: April 14, 2018, 04:19:52 PM »
It was running the entire time I was there Wed. - Fri.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1805 on: April 14, 2018, 05:45:59 PM »
Sadly its either gonna be the new PK or the new BSF (the former if it doesn't get ripped out/converted into a different attraction in a few years)

Ironically maybe this will make PK lines shorter? lol

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: April 14, 2018, 05:54:12 PM »
We spent more time queuing for TT today than the other rides combined and still never got to ride it.  The last closure was because it got “too cold”.  Funny PowderKeg is still open. 

This ride is a lemon.  I’ve been twice now and only been able to ride once and even then the sensors screwed up and my cart came into the station crooked. 

Next coaster we add let’s just take a tried and true design and just be the biggest of that kind.  Seems to work for Cedar Point.  Oh and maybe go with B&M.  You rarely hear of Wildfire having issues.   
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: April 14, 2018, 09:04:04 PM »
Did HFE get any type of 'deal' from Mack to do TT.  Like they did with OR and RMC?  With it being a new concept ride and one of the first Macks in the US?  I know Mack isn't going out of business if this ride isn't a big hit...it wasn't a charity price...but hopefully they stick with it to make sure it runs as well as possible.

If they could just add another car to the train to increase capacity....the wait is just brutal right now.

B&M and RMC (minus LR) in my opinion have proven to be the best and most reliable coaster makers in the world.  RMC business has exploded but they still seem to be turning down business because it's overloaded with projects.  B&M coasters are so expensive....parks love them for their capacity and easy to maintain....but the are so expensive and there core models are just everywhere.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:05:41 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 14, 2018, 09:26:44 PM »
Yes, but how many B&Ms could we have gotten for the price of TT?
A least a couple.   I’d much rather had a hyper doing dips down the side of a mountain popping up over the treeline
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: April 14, 2018, 09:53:07 PM »
I think TT is a neat ride when it works, but IMO it is not so spectacular that it is worth waiting for more than about 30 minutes or so. Not an hour or 2 for sure.  Anyway, on Wednesday when we were there it was talk on for the most part and we rode it about 4-5 times in a row.  We did not ride it when we were back Thursday. Anyway, I did notice the rear car seems to always come into the station crooked and does not straighten out like all the rest of the cars.  I don't recall it doing this when we were there opening day/week.  Maybe an issue already?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: April 14, 2018, 09:55:40 PM »
I think TT is a neat ride when it works, but IMO it is not so spectacular that it is worth waiting for more than about 30 minutes or so. Not an hour or 2 for sure.  Anyway, on Wednesday when we were there it was talk on for the most part and we rode it about 4-5 times in a row.  We did not ride it when we were back Thursday. Anyway, I did notice the rear car seems to always come into the station crooked and does not straighten out like all the rest of the cars.  I don't recall it doing this when we were there opening day/week.  Maybe an issue already?

It was an issue opening weekend as well.
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1811 on: April 14, 2018, 10:07:16 PM »
Been searching around on the net and now that the opening hype has passed I haven't seen much chatter about it minus our forum. What I do see or find is basically the convo we are having here talking about bugs/downtime. Hope it gets sorted out by summer.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1812 on: April 14, 2018, 11:27:49 PM »
Hopefully once the weather finally heats up, that will reduce a lot of the downtime. Could be the temp changes making it more screwy than it would be otherwise. Still sounds like there are some foundational problems with the tech, but that's what you get with 'World's First's'.

Still to early to know if it will truly have on-going issues like PK. I expect there will always be bugs, but I am holding out hope that it is still under warranty and some of this stuff will be fixed and made more reliable.

At the very least though, it is remaining an incredibly popular ride. The line is consistently all the way to the sign when it is open and the park is full.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: April 15, 2018, 07:12:45 AM »
Park has only been open about 21-25 working days, they have had rain, snow, cold temps, warm temps, winds, storms and lots of people wanting to ride.  It is still under warranty.

Should have the bugs been worked out already? Yes in a perfect world, But its the ozarks.

Can they work the bugs out of it now? Yes they can.

I havent given up on TT yet.  This will be a good year for the coaster and the park.  Once school gets out, AND TT is all ready to go, there will lots of riders waiting to ride.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: April 15, 2018, 08:51:55 AM »
The line is to the sign because of the forced photo op at the bottom of the steps
SWOOSH