Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511898 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1785 on: March 22, 2018, 08:59:19 AM »
Not live.   prerecorded from last week. 

airs at 10:00 CST this morning..

I hope that is accurate.  I read it on FB this morning..  (LOL, has to be true!)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: March 22, 2018, 10:14:55 AM »

I hope that is accurate.  I read it on FB this morning..  (LOL, has to be true!)

It’s 10:10 and not one rider has got on TT yet.  Been over 42 degrees since 9:15.  Spirits are still high(random Tom petty sing alongs) but also getting frustrated.  I’ve been in line since 9:00 and I’m just past the photo op.

No sign of TV
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:16:28 AM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 22, 2018, 10:56:05 AM »
TT been up for about 30mins.  Still in line:(. Fun to see the GP excited to ride.  Looking at the Wild Mountain note right now...lol

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 22, 2018, 01:29:21 PM »

It’s 10:10 and not one rider has got on TT yet.  Been over 42 degrees since 9:15.  Spirits are still high(random Tom petty sing alongs) but also getting frustrated.  I’ve been in line since 9:00 and I’m just past the photo op.

No sign of TV

We were at the park last Friday and they were setting up for the recording of Today show segment as we were in  line for TT.  My wife didn't ride with my daughter and I the first time through and she stood and watched the segment being recorded.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 22, 2018, 01:41:06 PM »
Time Traveler featured on Today with Kathi Lee and Hoda this morning, 3/22. Here's the link to the segment:

https://www.today.com/video/-fur-face-and-donnadorable-travel-through-time-on-new-rollercoaster-1192135235877

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 22, 2018, 05:27:19 PM »
Fun video. It would have been nice to see some coverage of more of the park but that was not the focus of the segment.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 28, 2018, 08:57:58 PM »
Here's a walk through of the changes to Valley Road.
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/03/valley-road-changes-sdc.html

Here's a walk through of all of the decorations in the Time Traveler queue
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2018/03/time-traveler-sdc_17.html
1.  Thanks for the report.  I see that they've been in operation for "almost 30 years" and that they were established in 1968.  That puts us closer to the turn of the century than we've ever been (I think.).

During the tv commercial for TT the inventor and his daughter start out with "Greetings from the year 1888" so that sounds like the City's intention even if they got the math wrong elsewhere (I hope)
I'm Your Huckleberry

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #1792 on: March 30, 2018, 02:05:20 PM »
EVERY new coaster has its bumps, bugs and operational issues to work through.  EVERY one.  Outlaw Run had them.  Powder Keg had them.  Wildfire had them.  The downtime that comes with it is normal and expected as the ride gets worked out and broken in.  It's one very good reason not to head to a park for a brand new specific ride within a month or sometimes two of it opening to give them time to work through all of that stuff.

Relax.  These are normal things.  It's far from "broke and needing warranty".   :o :o
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: April 04, 2018, 08:11:11 PM »
Why does the park continue it? Couldn't most of this be spread out during a festival. It's like a park that's haVing some choir or band day.

did you get the wrong thread?  :-)

I'm guessing you mean Young Christians Weekend.  Simple reason they do it- it makes them lots of money before they launch their first festival.  and works better on its own than it would as part of a festival.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

JJH

• View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: April 08, 2018, 02:53:28 PM »
So after some of you have had a chance to ride and reflect.  What is the consensus of the TT?  Is it more of a family ride, or an extreme ride, or just a cool roller coaster?

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: April 08, 2018, 04:23:14 PM »
So after some of you have had a chance to ride and reflect.  What is the consensus of the TT?  Is it more of a family ride, or an extreme ride, or just a cool roller coaster?

I wouldn't call it "extreme," but it is a bit more than just a family ride as well.  Little ones can't ride, and I saw some who were just a bit above the height limits find it very scary (but then the one family I saw that way started the poor kid with that as her very first roller coaster ever.  Don't do that).

I would say that it's a very cool roller coaster, with enough thrill to keep it fun and exciting, but nothing extremely frightening or scary.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: April 08, 2018, 07:09:02 PM »

I would not call it extreme.  It's a fun family thrill ride.  A good step between TnT and OR/WF.  It's actually pretty amazing how slow it goes through some of the course.  It crawls through the big loop. 

The only negative stuff I'm hearing is more about the lines being too long - GP saying it was fun but wasn't worth the wait.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: April 08, 2018, 08:00:19 PM »
I agree, it is fun but I won't wait more than about 30 minutes for it.  Well, that is about my limit for waiting for any ride. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: April 14, 2018, 09:19:30 AM »
46 degrees this morning... supose to be nice,, get ready for lines today....   everybody there have a good time.. ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1799 on: April 14, 2018, 10:51:54 AM »
46 degrees this morning... supose to be nice,, get ready for lines today....   everybody there have a good time.. ;D

Be surprised if TT is open.  Just saying
SWOOSH