Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 511968 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1710 on: March 14, 2018, 12:40:02 PM »
Just got done riding it. 2.5 hour wait. A lot of which was due to delayed opening. When you get to the bottom of the 3rd level they tell you which line to get in. After getting to the top it seems a lot of folks were not following those directions and got into whatever line they wanted. So that left many seats being sent out empty which slowed the line down quite a bit. Anyway, great ride, will probably head there first again tomorrow as long as it’s open but I’m not waiting that long again.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: March 14, 2018, 01:59:16 PM »
Doesn't look like the path got much wider....probably will not help with congestion around that area. 

The whole area around the restrooms was redone.  The grade is not as steep and is completely open behind the new TT marquee sign.  The big change is the flower bed that was between TNT and Christmas Hollow is gone.  The photos don't really show off how much they did open it up.... with that being said, they've created different problems on down Valley Road.  I guess we'll see how those play out when it gets real busy

That sounds good (new opening/grade)....the real test will be how it impacts the Christmas parade route.  It was already tight around there without the new curve.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: March 14, 2018, 03:44:58 PM »
That area is completely different for sure. Took me a minute to find my way to FM.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: March 14, 2018, 04:55:20 PM »
^^ There's probably a good chance you saw me working on boats, lol
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: March 14, 2018, 07:07:32 PM »
I noticed bluegrass pop song cover in SirWillows video in the station.  Can't remember exactly what it was but it had to do with "Time".  I was wondering if all the music would but have the time theme...lol

It was "Turn Back Time" by Cher. I was absolutely loving hearing these covers; I heard "Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty near the end of the stream on SDC's FB page.

Far as I could hear, the covers I heard were all instrumentals.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: March 14, 2018, 11:13:06 PM »
Did anyone have issues with the size/height/weight restrictions that some folks worried about?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1716 on: March 15, 2018, 08:16:27 AM »
Yeah, the restraints seem to be kind of similar to Outlaw in the size of riders that are able to fit. Some decently large guys made it barely, but others who are bigger about the waist have no chance. Seems to be typical for rides these days that don't have OTSR's.

Sounds like they've only been using two trains so far? Someone also mentioned that they abandoned using the separate unload area at some point in the day and it actually made it a lot more efficient. Perhaps the separate area only makes sense when they have all three trains in operation.

I hope they have it running at peak this weekend. I'm dreading the 4 hour wait.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: March 15, 2018, 11:57:18 AM »
I have yet to ride TT, but my favorite part of the ride is something no one is talking about right now – the reduced wait times we're sure to find on all the other coasters. The addition of another major coaster and more importantly, its placement, has brought some long overdue ride balance to SDC.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1718 on: March 15, 2018, 12:16:47 PM »
I’m all for shorter wait on PowderKeg
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: March 15, 2018, 04:07:51 PM »
I’m all for shorter wait on PowderKeg

LOL, no chance of that. That’s what I thought but the lines were insane at all coasters. Maybe it will change but I bet this is going to be bad all year long.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: March 15, 2018, 05:38:43 PM »
I didn’t have any problems and I’m down to 215 now. Only about 15-20 more lbs to go.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: March 15, 2018, 05:56:01 PM »
Yeah, the restraints seem to be kind of similar to Outlaw in the size of riders that are able to fit. Some decently large guys made it barely, but others who are bigger about the waist have no chance. Seems to be typical for rides these days that don't have OTSR's.

Sounds like they've only been using two trains so far? Someone also mentioned that they abandoned using the separate unload area at some point in the day and it actually made it a lot more efficient. Perhaps the separate area only makes sense when they have all three trains in operation.

I hope they have it running at peak this weekend. I'm dreading the 4 hour wait.

At one point I was 6'2 and 325 lbs. And...some of the Outlaw Run cars would and some wouldn't.  I rode over 40 coasters last year and none were an issue except the  leg torture that Skyrush is. I Didn't even have issues with Iron Shark in Galveston but I'm down to 270 and a 36 inch waist and that thing looked tight on the pics I saw.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:00:17 PM by chittlins »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: March 15, 2018, 06:04:51 PM »
I have yet to ride TT, but my favorite part of the ride is something no one is talking about right now – the reduced wait times we're sure to find on all the other coasters. The addition of another major coaster and more importantly, its placement, has brought some long overdue ride balance to SDC.

No, no, we still need a few more ;)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1723 on: March 15, 2018, 06:29:59 PM »
Actually to be balanced there needs to be a big ride back in GE and/or FL
SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: March 16, 2018, 12:17:44 AM »
Actually to be balanced there needs to be a big ride back in GE and/or FL

I'll give you that, but you gotta crawl before you walk, right?

On that note, and perhaps this belongs in another thread, but in terms of speculation regarding a future coaster, would you bet on another family investment a la TT and TNT, or do you think HFEC will opt to go for something bigger? While TT is their largest investment to date, I think we can probably all agree the coaster is intended to provide broader, more family type appeal, versus catering to the ultimate thrill seeker. Just curious what the consensus is on a best guess around the next possible coaster addition at SDC. While I do agree a smaller family oriented coaster would still be a nice addition near FL and/or GE, I personally would like to see a landmark coaster anchoring some westward expansion beyond PK and OR.