Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 512139 times)

milhouse

• View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1695 on: March 14, 2018, 05:55:54 AM »
About 90 miles away from Branson. Worked a 12 hour shift last night, off at 3am and on the road by 3am. Wouldn’t miss this day! So excited!!

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: March 14, 2018, 07:13:43 AM »
I thought someone said it was going to be 41 degeees at midnight. It’s 7am and it’s 29 degrees. You still think TT will open at 9:30am.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: March 14, 2018, 07:49:18 AM »
I thought someone said it was going to be 41 degeees at midnight. It’s 7am and it’s 29 degrees. You still think TT will open at 9:30am.

You want a prize? A frosty morn, in March,  in the the Ozarks, what a stunner. It'll be nice soon enough.

Are Missourah schools out cause the NWA ones are still in, the break is next week here. That may help today, tommorrow and Friday

That said, if this ride was in Europe, it would run at 9:30

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: March 14, 2018, 07:52:39 AM »
@ sirwillow..  nice job..   everything looks great..

I will get to check it out next sunday :)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: March 14, 2018, 08:04:07 AM »
The media day coverage was great.  I myself look forward to the trees filling in.  I also wish they would plant something down there and cover some of the red dirt.  Not a huge complaint but they could improve the looks of the valley and block the view of Indian Point.  Indian Point Rd itself is the most festering detail.  It doesn't look like they made a real effort to put up a natural screen.  Pine trees guys, cheap, always provide visual block.  Plant soon for future growth.  Looking forward to the general public reaction today!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #1701 on: March 14, 2018, 08:58:12 AM »

Looks like closer to 11am for you.  Stay warm and toasty inside Red Gold.  They're supposed to walk you down when it's ready and you'll still be the first ones on the coaster today if you stick it out.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: March 14, 2018, 09:55:44 AM »
We aren’t at the red gold hall. They actually took us to the loading station on TT. Brad told us it would be around 10:30-11 before it would open. Just remember swoosh saying it would be open on time lol. Guess he was wrong.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1703 on: March 14, 2018, 10:23:19 AM »
^Uh, by opening on time, I think we were talking about whether or not it would open today, on the first day of the season or if it would have to be pushed back a few weeks like Wonder Woman. We are all thankful that they consistently open these rides on time rather than waiting till the summer like other parks.

Should be just about 41 degrees there now. Hopefully the last of the spring frosts are past us (knock on wood).

I'm told there's a new sound track of pop music bluegrass crossovers for this ride. I think that's an awesome way to blend the old with the new.

So glad this is turning out way better than I had anticipated. Sometimes you wonder if the SDC "culture" around the park is fading, but projects like this show how it endures in new and exciting ways. It's always going to be different and the park has never stopped evolving, but the core elements are there if you look.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: March 14, 2018, 10:43:37 AM »
^Uh, by opening on time, I think we were talking about whether or not it would open today, on the first day of the season or if it would have to be pushed back a few weeks like Wonder Woman. We are all thankful that they consistently open these rides on time rather than waiting till the summer like other parks.

Should be just about 41 degrees there now. Hopefully the last of the spring frosts are past us (knock on wood).

I'm told there's a new sound track of pop music bluegrass crossovers for this ride. I think that's an awesome way to blend the old with the new.

So glad this is turning out way better than I had anticipated. Sometimes you wonder if the SDC "culture" around the park is fading, but projects like this show how it endures in new and exciting ways. It's always going to be different and the park has never stopped evolving, but the core elements are there if you look.

We have discussed that right here on this firm several times in the past. Somehow I don't think they'll use the Clevery's cover of I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry and more of Dolly Parton's cover of Collective Soul's Shine. There are some amazing bluegrass covers of bands like Metallica and Guns and Roses out there

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: March 14, 2018, 11:11:01 AM »
We got here at opening. Not that many cars is preferred parking yet. Been in line at TT since then, just now made it to bottom of stairs on 1st floor. Ride appears to have just now opened.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: March 14, 2018, 11:12:39 AM »
PS the entire building is filled up on the first floor behind me. No idea how far back it goes.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: March 14, 2018, 11:44:42 AM »
Great vid SirWillow....thanks for posting.  Looks like you had a great time.

Two pov watches in and I regret all the concerns I've posted on here about the ride...lol....and wish I had got the season passes back in Dec. 

The ride just pain looks fun!!!  It's going to be a huge hit.  The only thing I can think of to 'constructively criticize' is that a tunnel with some effects (lights, clocks, music, etc) for that first launch could have been epic (go through a time portal).  Even a dark tunnel would be fun....but that's a pretty petty complaint.  Station looks great and the ride looks smooth and exciting.

TnT is going to get a significant bump in riders this year...lol

Doesn't look like the path got much wider....probably will not help with congestion around that area.  But it does look great and I get why they did what they did...added some new eating options and I'm glad to see the seating area.  Really makes that whole section seem new and refreshed.

Great Job SDC!!! 
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: March 14, 2018, 11:48:03 AM »

We have discussed that right here on this firm several times in the past. Somehow I don't think they'll use the Clevery's cover of I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry and more of Dolly Parton's cover of Collective Soul's Shine. There are some amazing bluegrass covers of bands like Metallica and Guns and Roses out there

I noticed bluegrass pop song cover in SirWillows video in the station.  Can't remember exactly what it was but it had to do with "Time".  I was wondering if all the music would but have the time theme...lol
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1709 on: March 14, 2018, 12:17:58 PM »
Doesn't look like the path got much wider....probably will not help with congestion around that area. 

The whole area around the restrooms was redone.  The grade is not as steep and is completely open behind the new TT marquee sign.  The big change is the flower bed that was between TNT and Christmas Hollow is gone.  The photos don't really show off how much they did open it up.... with that being said, they've created different problems on down Valley Road.  I guess we'll see how those play out when it gets real busy
SWOOSH