Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 516037 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1605 on: March 03, 2018, 05:31:05 PM »
Basically at Disney Parks it says “presented by _______” under the ride marquee name.  Test Track is presented by Chevrolet.  Enchanted Tiki Room by Dole.  Spaceship Earth by Siemens (used to be) etc. 

Give SDC some credit.  They’re not SF and have more class than that.

The board jerk strikes again. Would have been just as easy to say Disney does it and in your opinion its okay.

Really?  Then let me live up to that name and point out the hypocrisy of your post.  You could have just posted on the topic ignoring the tone of my post and it would have been okay

There’s a reason you’re on my ignore list - perhaps you should reciprocate
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 03, 2018, 05:34:56 PM »
I hesitate to put the idea out there, but TT could easily visit the future and bring Chic-Fil-A back to brand the new "restaurant".  Obviously TT has already brought 80s music and modern circus acts back to the 1880s.

Was this really an endorsement where an electric company would see advertising on the ride?  How would the company be compensated for their sponsorship?  Would they somehow see a kickback based on ridership?  I understand advertising, but are tourists going to go back home and rewire everything to a Branson Electric Company?  We don't really get to choose our electric company.

Dare I say, this particular sponsorship just sounds stupid to me.  Now Timex wants to hop on board, I might be OK with that.

Time Traveler - powered by... I get it.  This thing is going to use a lot of electricity to launch the trains. 
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #1607 on: March 03, 2018, 06:13:37 PM »
I believe Opryland had a bunch of sponsorships like that - Rainbow Bread on the train, for example.  At least Disney's seem to make sense for each attraction.  Electricity in the Ozarks would be a stretch though.

I find a little hypocrisy that a Herschend led the way to rid Missouri of billboards a few years ago (It would be nicer without them.), but would want to cheapen his own park with advertising.  Not that I don't understand the profit line for such a thing, but people pay extra to get advertising removed from electronic and broadcasting services, but ticket prices to theme parks keep rising regardless.

To change the subject - I'd be impressed if the Timothy Turnbuckle time machine showed up somewhere or if there was a Turnbuckle reference somewhere in the new queue.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: March 03, 2018, 11:41:41 PM »
they should be able to find another sponsor of need be... 

BUT the sponsorship did not make or break the bamk as far as funding the coaster...  only 430,000 dollars in 5 years?...  in the total scheme of overhead costs and building costs,,,,,  not a big hit to SDC... 

Too bad SDC cant eliminate the 11% of power they use from them, since they "changed" their mind....  LOL

But they can, build a solar farm nearby.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #1609 on: March 04, 2018, 02:11:41 AM »

BUT the sponsorship did not make or break the bamk as far as funding the coaster...  only 430,000 dollars in 5 years?...  in the total scheme of overhead costs and building costs,,,,,  not a big hit to SDC... 

Too bad SDC cant eliminate the 11% of power they use from them, since they "changed" their mind....  LOL

We have a winner.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 04, 2018, 09:46:17 AM »

We have a winner.

I couldn't help but laugh that when another theme park decided to go go solar, it had issues with envio loon bats

https://www.app.com/story/news/local/redevelopment/2018/01/24/six-flags-great-adventure-solar-farm-settlement-reached-250-acres-jackson-saved/1061279001/

*&#$ if you do, *&#$ if you don't

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 04, 2018, 09:57:09 AM »
If they put solar panels over the parking lot in the lower sections I think that would be smart.  Protect the cars and pavement and no tree removal.  Short of this, I don't know how they could get away without similar complaints concerning tree removal.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 04, 2018, 05:47:46 PM »
If they put solar panels over the parking lot in the lower sections I think that would be smart.  Protect the cars and pavement and no tree removal.  Short of this, I don't know how they could get away without similar complaints concerning tree removal.

Reminds me of how they did some parking at the VA here in Fayettville.

Here's an example
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 05:52:24 PM by chittlins »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 05, 2018, 10:46:36 AM »
On the ride sponsorship thing:  I can recall reading a couple of recent articles suggesting that naming rights deals are down across the board.  Business are not seeing the returns on that type of marketing so the pricing demands for them are not as significant as they used to be.  I know a lot of sports stadiums deals aren't as big as they used to be....companys are realizing other forms of marketing (namely online) is more valuable.  Epcot in particular has had a lot of sponsor issues lately.  Those sponsors used to basically fund those attractions builds and/or retrofits aren't interested anymore.

I wouldn't mind a Time Traveler sponsor - "Time Traveler - presented to you by Branson Tire and Auto Shop".  As long as it's just on the ride entrance and on the marketing.  Just don't go full out Six Flags where the queue line is blasting the sponsors TV commercials and hanging banners everywhere.  That wouldn't work in SDC...probably make the majority of the SDC public avoid the sponsor.  It would need to be more low-key to work.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 10:48:07 AM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 05, 2018, 11:49:38 AM »
Looks like it’s a busy day in the park today.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 05, 2018, 01:03:14 PM »
lol...

Will TT be open next week?
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #1616 on: March 05, 2018, 01:32:48 PM »
lol...

Seeing as they are offering first rides in the contest on the Tuesday before opening day, and I believe that's when their media day is as well, I'd say it's looking very good for it to be open next week.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 05, 2018, 02:08:16 PM »
Forecast in the low 60's- upper 50's?   yes TT will be open, as well as everything else...   

Should be great season opener!!

givemezamor

• SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 05, 2018, 02:46:22 PM »
Almost impossible to contain my excitement for this season! Only 5 work days for me until we are headed to Branson!
"A day at Silver Dollar City is what life should be like. No worries, just good times.."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 05, 2018, 05:47:50 PM »
lol...

It soft opens Tuesday and opens to the GP on Wednesday
SWOOSH